Wtb 97-98 Mark Viii Headlight Module

• Thread starter longtimemarkviiilover
  • Start date
L

longtimemarkviiilover

Contact seller
Im Not Sure What This Module Is Called But I Found A Picture Of One On The Web So If You Have One Shoot Me A Price Please. Thanks!
I ALSO MADE ANOTHER POST STATING HI TO ALL AS I AM NEW ON HERE AND WANTED TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY WAY TO BENCH TEST AN HID BULB OFF THE CAR WITH OUT A BALLAST BUT I DONT SEE THE POST ANYWHERE SO ILL ADD IT HERE. THANKS, IF YOU HAVE INFO ON HOW TO DO THIS PLEASE SHARE! AND EMAIL ME A PRICE ON THIS MODULE IF YOU HAVE ONE.

SCIL NEW.jpg

I can get one from a parts car but it kinda looks like a pain in the arse to get out. what would you be willing to pay?

its called an SCIL module ( Steering Column Ignition Lighting ) i have several too but chris answered first, you will have to have the car reprogrammed at ford for your ignition key if you change that module.

For that module to program it takes bout 45 minutes or so...... I just had to replace mine 2 weeks ago but for a later 98 model I believe you need special dealer epuipment. After installed it takes 15 minutes with key in ignition turned to on position, leave it in on position until security light stop flashing(15mins.) then take key out repeat 2 additional times bout (45 minutes total)15+15+15
Finally leave key out for about a minutes place back into ignition and car should start right on up.

I discovered this solution after i found out my car wouldn't start after replacing battery, alternator, testing starter and solenoid.

I started my car one day and all power in the car failed the car was still running until I parked and turned it off. Next I tried to start it back up and nothing worked. All I could hear was the fuel pump.........

Hope this help:cool:

For that module to program it takes bout 45 minutes or so...... I just had to replace mine 2 weeks ago but for a later 98 model I believe you need special dealer epuipment. After installed it takes 15 minutes with key in ignition turned to on position, leave it in on position until security light stop flashing(15mins.) then take key out repeat 2 additional times bout (45 minutes total)15+15+15
Finally leave key out for about a minutes place back into ignition and car should start right on up.

I discovered this solution after i found out my car wouldn't start after replacing battery, alternator, testing starter and solenoid.

I started my car one day and all power in the car failed the car was still running until I parked and turned it off. Next I tried to start it back up and nothing worked. All I could hear was the fuel pump.........

Hope this help:cool:

Just a big FYI that procedure only works to program 1 key... every time you do it it blanks out all previously programmed keys...

its called an SCIL module ( Steering Column Ignition Lighting ) i have several too but chris answered first, you will have to have the car reprogrammed at ford for your ignition key if you change that module.
Hello, my automatic headlights do not function in my 95 Mark VIII, can you tell me where the module is? I can purchase a Lamp Control module and a Headlight Sensor, can you tell me which one I need? And where they are located? Thank you.

Members online

Back