Wrecked the LSE

hite337

Hite Performance
Reaction score
Sorry I havent been around for awhile, I check in every day or so but I have been busy replacing trim and painting our house (finding some mold in the bathroom walls), and I am now in the middle of building a 600 squre foot deck for my brother-in-law. Plus working full time, kids, etc.....

As the title states, I wrecked my LS on May 17th. The wife and I were headed to eat sushi and a guy ran a stop sign and hit us. We were ok but my wife had to get the neck brace and backboard with the limo ride to the ER. She is doing fine now.
accident 5-17-14 (2).jpg
accident 5-17-14 (1).jpg
accident 5-17-14 (3).jpg
The guy admitted fault on the scene and had insurance. They totaled the car and cut me a check and I bought it back. It has minor frame damage on the front door pillar which is being fixed. New door, fender, windshield, some misc.
6-5-14 (1).jpg
6-5-14 (4).jpg
6-5-14 (2).jpg
No damage to the bumper or side skirts. The wheel was bent but I'm not sure if its repairable yet. I have 2 other spare wheels so it not a big deal if it is bent too bad. The steering knuckle was broken at the ball joint and the tie rod end. It was about 2 months old. I just rebuilt the entire front suspension. I even polished the LCA's and knuckles to a mirror shine.
5-19-14 (1).jpg
6-5-14 (3).jpg
We did find quite a bit rust on the rockers by the jack points. This winter I will cut the rockers out and weld in new steel.

5-19-14 (1).jpg

6-5-14 (1).jpg

6-5-14 (2).jpg

6-5-14 (3).jpg

6-5-14 (4).jpg

6-6-14 (2).jpg

6-6-14 (3).jpg

accident 5-17-14 (1).jpg

accident 5-17-14 (2).jpg

accident 5-17-14 (3).jpg

oh and that should buff right out...

maybe hit it a second time with the buffer.

Good hit. At least it didn't do more damage, especially to the unobtainium parts.

Now, to make it better. :)

Good hit. At least it didn't do more damage, especially to the unobtainium parts.

Now, to make it better. :)

It will be better....when life calms down a little. I've had 1 day off work since March and that was the day after the wreck. I sanded down my Mclaren grill, gen2 folding mirrors and the Wings West spoiler so they can paint them also. I painted them with paintscratch.com paint but I am no painter. RollinLS was kind enuf to point that out at last years STL meet....lol. So yes...the LSE will be better than before.

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

glad your wife and yourself are OK, chin up Lee!

The important thing is that you two are ok! But I'm sorry to see this, I've always admired your ride. Can't wait to see version 2.0!

accident 5-17-14 (1).jpg

^ Someone kick this juicebox in the rump,
clearly he's checking the wrong car ~ apparently not a Lincoln LS enthusiast.

accident 5-17-14 (1).jpg

Yes..... The important thing is you're OK!!! Metal can be replaced/repaired; people, not so much.

You hit on one of my desires (pun NOT intended). HOW (or, with what) did you polish the aluminum. I've been wanting to do that for some time.

wondering when you were going to post this! hows that deck coming (send pics!!!)

She'll be better then new soon! (I'll have it up and running in no time:wrench:drunk:)

Yes..... The important thing is you're OK!!! Metal can be replaced/repaired; people, not so much.

You hit on one of my desires (pun NOT intended). HOW (or, with what) did you polish the aluminum. I've been wanting to do that for some time.

Believe it or not...a 3m headlight repair kit. One for each side.

20140317_163425.jpg

wondering when you were going to post this! hows that deck coming

I have the posts and beams up. I was going to do the joists and railing posts today but since its been raining all day I have been doing some sheetrock work in the bathroom. The list never ends. I post some pics of the deck soon.

Glad to see you are both okay. Cool that you are keeping the LS.

Sad to hear but glad everyone is OK and you're getting the LS back on the road. Let us know how it goes!

Glad to hear everyone made it out okay. It's scary how much a second changes things, not even one faster and he would have been right into that door.

Might be a good opportunity for a full-out 4.6L 4v build :shifty:. Definitely resolve that HO alternator once and for all

Glad to hear everyone made it out okay. It's scary how much a second changes things, not even one faster and he would have been right into that door.

Might be a good opportunity for a full-out 4.6L 4v build :shifty:. Definitely resolve that HO alternator once and for all

4.6 Teksid block is already in the garage.....

Bummer, glad everyone is OK. Make sure to get rechecked by the doc after a few days, serious injuries don't always rear their ugly heads until the shock of the accident wears off. My wife was involved in what looked like a tiny fender bender 4 years ago, now she walks with a cane after back fusion surgery to show for it.

Glad you're okay Hite! Good luck with the repairs. Maybe cut my rust out too while you're at it!

Glad you're ok man. Sucks about the Lee, suck a nice one too, but I'm sure its an easy fix for you.

Members online

Back