Wouldn't You Love To Hear This???

Stephan

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
If this is a repost, I apologize, but I really like what it has to say...

WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT TO TURN ON THE TV AND HEAR ANY U.S. PRESIDENT, DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN GIVE THE FOLLOWING SPEECH?

My Fellow Americans: As you all know, the defeat of Iraq regime has been completed. Since congress does not want to spend any more money on this war, our mission in Iraq is complete. This morning I gave the order for a complete removal of all American forces from Iraq. This action will be complete within 30 days. It is now time to begin the reckoning.

Before me, I have two lists. One list contains the names of countries which have stood by our side during the Iraq conflict. This list is short. The United Kingdom, Spain, Bulgaria, Australia, and Poland are some of the countries listed there.

The other list contains everyone not on the first list. Most of the world's nations are on that list. My press secretary will be distributing copies of both lists later this evening.

Let me start by saying that effective immediately, foreign aid to those nations on List 2 ceases immediately and indefinitely. The money saved during the first year alone will pretty much pay for the costs of the Iraqi war.

The American people are no longer going to pour money into third world Hell-holes and watch those government leaders grow fat on corruption.

Need help with a famine? Wrestling with an epidemic? Call France.

In the future, together with Congress, I will work to redirect this money toward solving the vexing social problems we still have at home. On that note, here’s a word to terrorist organizations. Screw with us and we will hunt you down and eliminate you and all your friends from the face of the earth.

Thirsting for a gutsy country to terrorize? Try France, or maybe China.
I am ordering the immediate severing of diplomatic relations with France, Germany, Japan, and Russia. Thanks for all your help, comrades. We are retiring from NATO as well. Bon chance, mes amis.

I have instructed the Mayor of New York City to begin towing the many UN diplomatic vehicles located in Manhattan with more than two unpaid parking tickets to sites where those vehicles will be stripped, shredded and crushed. I don't care about whatever treaty pertains to this. You creeps have tens of thousands of unpaid tickets. Pay those tickets tomorrow or watch your precious Benzes, Beamers and limos be turned over to some of the finest chop shops in the world. I love New York.

On a special note to our northern neighbors, Canada is on List 2. Since we are likely to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to try not pi$$ing us off for a change.

Mexico is also on List 2. President Fox and his entire corrupt government really need an attitude adjustment. I will have a couple extra tank and infantry divisions sitting around. Guess where I am going to put them? Yep, border security. So start doing something with your oil.

Oh, by the way, the United States is abrogating the NAFTA treaty - starting now.

We are tired of the one-way highway. Immediately, we'll be drilling for oil in Alaska - which will take care of this country's oil needs for decades to come. If you're an environmentalist who opposes this decision, I refer you to List 2 above: pick a country and move there.

It is time for America to focus on its own welfare and its own citizens. Some will accuse us of isolationism. I answer them by saying, "YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!"

Nearly a century of trying to help folks live a decent life around the world has only earned us the undying enmity of just about everyone on the planet. It is time to eliminate hunger in America. It is time to eliminate homelessness in America. It is time to eliminate World Cup Soccer from America. To the nations on List 1, a final thought. Thanks guys. We owe you and we won't forget.

To the nations on List 2, a final thought: You might want to learn to speak Arabic.

God bless America. Thank you and good night.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

Stephan, :W

I've seen this "speech" before, and I have to agree w/ alot of it's content. However it's a pretty isolationist view, and it'd never happen, especially w/ a repug in office, too much money to lose for the rich elite from killing NAFTA / CAFTA.

Interesting you posted this now, just yesterday I was beginning to formulate in my head a speech that this country desperately needs to hear from GWB. It'd be sure to pull the left and right together and bolster support of the Pres, the GWOT and the Iraq war. Now to just find time to get it down on paper.

I've seen this speech also it was supposed to be what General Patton would say if he was president. I agree with it in it's entirety.

Stephan said:
Let me start by saying that effective immediately, foreign aid to those nations on List 2 ceases immediately and indefinitely. The money saved during the first year alone will pretty much pay for the costs of the Iraqi war.
Foreign aid should not be contingent on a country agreeing 100% with us. We knew that Iraq was a hard sell. Yet we did it anyway. And we were willing to go it alone. If we cut off aid, that would prove to the world that we have been wrong all along. Keeping the aid going is the right thing to do.

Stephan said:
The American people are no longer going to pour money into third world Hell-holes and watch those government leaders grow fat on corruption.

Need help with a famine? Wrestling with an epidemic? Call France.
Humanitarian aid has its place. Our government should be a leading example for us as Americans. Not to get religious or righteous here, but I know a man, Denny Holzbauer, who volunteered to aid Indonesia or Thailand (can't remember which) in the aftermath of the tsunami. It was gruelling, gruesome work (lots of bodies). But he said that after the first 2 weeks, the only ones that were left to do the work (and there was still a lot to do) were Christian volunteers and the US Army. The bad press is all that gets the play. But the whole world does not hate us.

Stephan said:
On that note, here’s a word to terrorist organizations. Screw with us and we will hunt you down and eliminate you and all your friends from the face of the earth.
We're already doing this.
Stephan said:
Thirsting for a gutsy country to terrorize? Try France, or maybe China.
I am ordering the immediate severing of diplomatic relations with France, Germany, Japan, and Russia. Thanks for all your help, comrades. We are retiring from NATO as well. Bon chance, mes amis.
Again, we shouldn't punish a country or sever ties with them because they don't agree with us 100%. Heck, my wife agrees with me maybe 60% of the time. I'd be stupid to stop speaking with her because of that.

Stephan said:
I have instructed the Mayor of New York City to begin towing the many UN diplomatic vehicles located in Manhattan with more than two unpaid parking tickets to sites where those vehicles will be stripped, shredded and crushed. I don't care about whatever treaty pertains to this. You creeps have tens of thousands of unpaid tickets. Pay those tickets tomorrow or watch your precious Benzes, Beamers and limos be turned over to some of the finest chop shops in the world. I love New York.
Big whoopty do. Never heard of this, but I don't doubt it. But who cares?

Stephan said:
On a special note to our northern neighbors, Canada is on List 2. Since we are likely to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to try not pi$$ing us off for a change.
I agree with this. If you want to persuade us to your line of thinking and diplomacy, don't insult us.

Stephan said:
Mexico is also on List 2. President Fox and his entire corrupt government really need an attitude adjustment. I will have a couple extra tank and infantry divisions sitting around. Guess where I am going to put them? Yep, border security. So start doing something with your oil.
When has Mexico not been corrupt? I'm unsure of the oil thing.

Stephan said:
Oh, by the way, the United States is abrogating the NAFTA treaty - starting now.

We are tired of the one-way highway.
If there are things we can do to tweek NAFTA, then I think it should be looked at. But I need more than a line in a fictional speech to convince me that NAFTA is a one-way highway.
Stephan said:
Immediately, we'll be drilling for oil in Alaska - which will take care of this country's oil needs for decades to come. If you're an environmentalist who opposes this decision, I refer you to List 2 above: pick a country and move there.
I'm all for a detailed analysis of exploiting this resource, but not to its destruction. It would NOT be cheap, though. In other words, don't expect gas prices to go down. It is smart from a national security perspective, though.

Stephan said:
It is time for America to focus on its own welfare and its own citizens. Some will accuse us of isolationism. I answer them by saying, "YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!"
Isolationism has failed 100% of the time throughout history. It failed for us, too. And in todays world, it's just not possible.

Stephan said:
Nearly a century of trying to help folks live a decent life around the world has only earned us the undying enmity of just about everyone on the planet.
That comes with the terroritory. You want to be #1? Then not only will you have legions of fans, but you'll have legions of enemies. Don't fold now. Buck up and take their best shot. We're America, land of the free and home of the brave!
Stephan said:
It is time to eliminate hunger in America.
Is this really a problem? Only for those that refuse any help, maybe.
Stephan said:
It is time to eliminate homelessness in America.
Yay! A gigantic increase in government subsidized housing projects! This'll help all the homeless to get back on their feet and off of government assistance . . . NOT!!
Stephan said:
It is time to eliminate World Cup Soccer from America.
I love football more than most, but 2 of my daughters play and love soccer. Are we just going to quit everything that we can't win at? Challenges are a good thing. One day, if we don't give up, we'll win the World Cup.
Stephan said:
To the nations on List 1, a final thought. Thanks guys. We owe you and we won't forget.
Nor should we forget any of the other times that nations have stood by us in an hour of need.

Stephan said:
To the nations on List 2, a final thought: You might want to learn to speak Arabic.
Or learn to speak Chinese, or Russian, or whichever heavy hitter that has the capability and the will to take what we abandon. My point being, if we're gone, someone else will rise up in the vacuum that is created. And then they'll be holding all the cards. And we'll be in a world of hurt.
Stephan said:
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.
:I

In conclusion, this "speech" is a sore loser, spoiled rich kid kind of thing.

A few points, Kbob, that I disagree with. Your comment about severing ties with countries just because they don't agree with us 100% is based on a false premise. The fact is, France, Germany, and Russia openly and actively opposed us in Iraq, mainly b/c they were getting oil-for-food bribes from Saddam Hussein.

Isolationism failed in the thirties b/c we didn't have nukes, carrier battle groups, satellites, or half the tech we have now. Since we can monitor every square mile of the planet if need be, and can wage war anywhere in the world, it might be worth a try. The UN certainly has been an embarrassing, abject failure to date.

The other issue is the Alaska oil. You say you don't want to exploit this resource to its destruction. This isn't like deforestation. Oil deposits are finite, so using them will always deplete them. This includes the oil in Saudi, where we get most of ours. BTW, the Saudi oil will run out sooner than Alaska will. Just one question: If you don't want to use it, WHAT ARE YOU SAVING IT FOR?

Please, everybody, understand that this speech is mostly just bravado that is symbolic of what many of us wish our leaders would say once in a while. Diplomacy is boring, and sometimes it would be great to hear a leader speak out with more guts.

fossten said:
A few points, Kbob, that I disagree with. Your comment about severing ties with countries just because they don't agree with us 100% is based on a false premise. The fact is, France, Germany, and Russia openly and actively opposed us in Iraq, mainly b/c they were getting oil-for-food bribes from Saddam Hussein.
And your point is that we should sever ties because they're corrupt and anti-American? We openly and actively oppose nations on key issues all the time. Again, that's no reason to sever ties. There's corruption everywhere, folks, even here.

fossten said:
Isolationism failed in the thirties b/c we didn't have nukes, carrier battle groups, satellites, or half the tech we have now. Since we can monitor every square mile of the planet if need be, and can wage war anywhere in the world, it might be worth a try. The UN certainly has been an embarrassing, abject failure to date.
IMO, isolationism is foolish, stupid, dumb, narrow-minded, unrealistic, etc., etc. UN or no UN, we should not close our doors. We will fall.

fossten said:
The other issue is the Alaska oil. You say you don't want to exploit this resource to its destruction. This isn't like deforestation. Oil deposits are finite, so using them will always deplete them. This includes the oil in Saudi, where we get most of ours. BTW, the Saudi oil will run out sooner than Alaska will. Just one question: If you don't want to use it, WHAT ARE YOU SAVING IT FOR?
Clarification/rephrasing of my first response: I am for exploiting the oil in Alaska. Just be careful doing it.

fossten said:
Please, everybody, understand that this speech is mostly just bravado that is symbolic of what many of us wish our leaders would say once in a while. Diplomacy is boring, and sometimes it would be great to hear a leader speak out with more guts.
Guts is one thing, stupidity is another. Our politicians need to think before they inflame any situation with statements like these. I understand completely what this "speech" is all about. But all the other posts were agreeing to it. I simply put out another point of view.

(Ref Alaska oil) What do you mean, 'be careful doing it'? That's like when someone announces they are getting married, and all their friends say, "Well be careful." ????????

Be careful of what? Spilling it on the ground?

Reminds me of the outdoor cafe scene in Undercover Blues with Dennis Quaid and Kathleen Turner:

Bad Guy: Don't make any sudden moves.

DQ: Why, is there a bee on me?

Let's just pump the oil until it's gone. It would take decades. Besides, think of the political influence the Arabs would NO LONGER HAVE ON US, which is the point of that part of the speech.

fossten said:
Let's just pump the oil until it's gone. It would take decades. Besides, think of the political influence the Arabs would NO LONGER HAVE ON US, which is the point of that part of the speech.

And then WHAT do we do when that oil is gone? That kind of short-sighted thinking will surely flush this country down the toilet.

I say wring that middle-east sand DRY FIRST, before exploiting the oil fields on our own soil. The last country with their own oil wins! This seems to have been the long-term strategy the US has been using since the '70s. Either way, the price of oil will continue to climb, that is inevitable. The unfortunate "price we pay" for that strategy is we end up kissing the ass of Saudi (which IMO should be on the short list of our "enemys") and most of those other OPEC countries.

MEANWHILE......... back on Gilligan's island.............. If the US doesn't start developing an alternate source of energy in earnest, and soon, we'll still end up flushing ourselves down the toilet when the oil runs out. IMO, nuclear power plants and a beefed-up electrical grid is the logical direction. All this fuel-cell and hydrogen BS will only make the energy companies rich and will NOT solve the problem in the long run.

fossten said:
(Ref Alaska oil) What do you mean, 'be careful doing it'? That's like when someone announces they are getting married, and all their friends say, "Well be careful." ????????
Never heard that one before. You must go to some strange weddings. "Be careful", ie take care, ie minimal environmental impact. I understand the energy needs of our country. But I also love the outdoors. I agree with Teddy Roosevelt that we need to protect our wilderness areas and pass these treasures on to our children and their children, etc. Drilling for oil and protecting the environment can occur simultaneously.

As far as alternate energy sources are concerned, necessity is the mother of invention. Right now, oil is king. When it's gone, or almost gone, I have no doubt that we'll come up with something. It will be a result of a major scientific push, something on par or above the Manhatten Project and Apollo. But again, I have no doubt that the US will come up with something. But right now, oil is far more economical and available.

JohnnyBz00LS said:
And then WHAT do we do when that oil is gone? That kind of short-sighted thinking will surely flush this country down the toilet.

I say wring that middle-east sand DRY FIRST, before exploiting the oil fields on our own soil. The last country with their own oil wins! This seems to have been the long-term strategy the US has been using since the '70s. Either way, the price of oil will continue to climb, that is inevitable. The unfortunate "price we pay" for that strategy is we end up kissing the ass of Saudi (which IMO should be on the short list of our "enemys") and most of those other OPEC countries.

MEANWHILE......... back on Gilligan's island.............. If the US doesn't start developing an alternate source of energy in earnest, and soon, we'll still end up flushing ourselves down the toilet when the oil runs out. IMO, nuclear power plants and a beefed-up electrical grid is the logical direction. All this fuel-cell and hydrogen BS will only make the energy companies rich and will NOT solve the problem in the long run.

Well, well, well. For the most part, Johnny, we agree.
:wave

I do think we should take advantage of the political advantages of using our own oil now, which would also spur our economy and we could use the extra money to research alternative fuels. We wouldn't have to kiss OPEC's a$$ starting right now. What do you think about that option?

Everything else you said I agree with. :Beer

BTW, your own lib congressman cry 'Chernobyl' anytime anyone mentions nuclear power plants. Personally, I agree with you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back