Would these KYB's be comparable to Sport Motorcraft Struts?

Struts

If it were me i would go with the Motorcraft or Monroe sensatrack which i have just installed on my 05 with Eibach springs.
A better handling and more reactive strut.

I wasn't going to even consider Monroe's because of " 4. Shocks!!! The sport, non sport and euros are interchangeable shocks on the ls. Non sport for a soft luxurious ride, sport for a firmer ride, and euros for a stiff sporty ride that may not be for everyone. Kyb makes shocks as well as monroe however everyone who has used monroe shocks would say you might as well get nothing."

But..... You are good with them? I want the Sport ride.

Or you could get Bilstein Shocks for a 00-02 s-type. That's just if you were going to lower it, because you would need s-type springs too. But the sport shocks have a good feel to them.

Sensa-Craps suck. Had them and returned them. They sucked!

NO.

You put those in your car, it will start riding like a Towncar.

Motorcrafts have about the 20 times the quality of the KYBs. Actually, they are so good, not even compareable to the KYB.

Can someone with firsthand experience with the KYB's for the LS chime in? I would love to go the bilstein route, but I have no interest in getting rid of my Eibach springs to make it happen. I had KYB's on my Thunderbird and they performed well with no issues but if their dampening is similar to Monroe's then I guess I'll suck it up and go back to sport shocks. My euro's are nearing the end of their life.

I'm currently using eibach's with KYB and I'll say the ride is a bit ruff but I believe it because of my tires (Primewell PZ900) that I"ll be upgrading soon to something more comfort and sport...If you have good roads where your located then youll be fine but if not be prepare to feel that road! lol

You say the ride is a bit rough, but in comparison to what? How many miles did you put on your old shocks and what kind were they? I have the same sidewall length all around as you and even with my euro shocks plus eibach's, I don't think the ride is too firm. I want to maintain or even go slightly higher than the "euro" shock's resistance or damping force.

After some more research, the KYB's available are GR-2, the bottom of the line. My experience was with the gas-a-just which was made to be more of a high performance shock. Looks like Ford is still the way to go :(

I do see Gas-a-just for '99-'0? S-Type Sport suspension. Front: 551609 and rear: 551610. I am guessing (just like the Bilstein's) you would also need the H&R springs for the S-Type R to make this work?

The old shocks were stock on the 05. I bought the car at the 90k mark and by the time I hit 100000 which was recently, I knew I needed some new struts. My comparison was from driving other cars down the same roads and their reaction. It just seems the ride is too ruff to the point I have to drive very cautious on bumpy roads, where normally in other vehicles with higher mileage on parts handle the road alot better. I'm getting some more quality tires but again if that doesnt help I'll definitely going back to the Fords.

Or you could get Bilstein Shocks for a 00-02 s-type. That's just if you were going to lower it, because you would need s-type springs too. But the sport shocks have a good feel to them.

Do the springs need to be lowering springs too or are the s-type springs shorter?

Has anyone had experience with the Gabriel Ultra struts? They're priced good and have lifetime warranty at Autozone.

Members online

No members online now.
Back