Worst Ever 2007 Escalade!!!!!!!

Lorenzo

New LVC Member
Reaction score
DO NOT WAISTE YOUR TIME AND HARD EARNED MONEY!!! I was the not-so-fortunate when I bought the 2007 Escalade (Black Raven). From the very first day we purchased, we had problems galore!!!!

The 2007 Escalade has several "FLAW" designs. To start, the hood design has a (shock strut) underneath. The strut "pokes" at the under-side of the hood causing a "buldge". This may not be noticable on the ligher color vehicles but trust me, it's there. The dealership "claims" not to be able to view the damage therefore will not repair something they say, "they can't see". Tack-welds indentations are also visiable only on the passenger left side of the hood (front-end). This clearly looks like S**T.

On to the next...The body of the vehicle has an enormous amount of "waives" in sheet metal "topped off by the worse paint/orange peel". Go ahead, look at the Escalade from an angle/side-view and see it for youself. Do not spend upward of 65K for a vehicle that is half A** designed and has major flaws. I could be here all day about this vehicle. Email me back at thewheelgallery@msn.com for additional info and or images of the vehicle.

DON'T BUY ESCALADE, TAHOE, YUKON, AVALANCHE, SUBURBAN, DENALI 2007 models of you may be in for a huge surprise.

Worst Ever

Please forgive the typo's....Email me direct if you have any questions or concerns. I have plenty of pic to back-up the info. Please visit our site www.thewheelgallery.com for your wheel and tire needs.

Thanks for looking.

The Wheel Gallery

didnt you inspect the vehicle before you purchased it? sounds pretty bad... hope all goes well...

you don't hate it, do you? You have to love that 400 HP engine

The engine itself is not bad. But the cosmetics are terrible. Recent problems, A/C will turn off without warning and "replay" whenever it feels like it. S**T we are in the middle of summer!!!!

sounds like you might have gotten a lemon, send it back to your dealer it should still be under warranty. you should be able to get a new one under the california lemon law, just make sure all of your problems are documented at your dealership... hope this helps:cool:

I would go to another dealership and see what they have to say.also a letter on a lawyers letterhead might grab their attention.also I would go to a bodyshop that specializes in high end cars and ask what they think of the paint job and bowed hood. good luck

Sounds like you got a bad one. We have a 2007 and have had no problems with it. It is far superior to the 2005 model we had and the new engine is great.

Those waves on the sheet metal on the side doors is on every 07 Escalade, Tahoe, & Yukon. At first I thought I saw a truck that was wrecked or something when infact they all have this. I even made a post so everyone can know that it's not only you who noticed this.

I think a Kia Spectra has a better sheetmetal and paint preperation than these trucks.

About the engine, 400 HP has got to be sweat but what good is it when you pay so much for something and not being satisfied by it's looks. It's gotta suck seeing this day by day, and I saw these trucks on the magz and I was hooked. But After I noticed this, I think I'd save up for an 03-07 Navigator Later on. They're cheaper, ride smoother, and are attractive.

Ye, I agree the navigator is attractive. I have a 03' Lincoln Navigator Ultimate, they should be worth more than the escalade, considering all of GM vehicles are all the same. Even parts of the earlier models were the same, the interior of the Navigator is way better than the Escalade's. Even the exterior to me is way better, Navi is just down on the speed.

I have a 07 ext some small things I noticed that have been an issue

1) Gas cap cover plastic lock to hold shut (the cheap plastic lock broke so I had to use my key to pry the cover open at the gas station. Kind of funny when the guy in the 89 ford pick up next to me laughing.

2) The navigation freezes up some, Rear view cam sometimes reads error

3) The wiper spray comes from one side (in upstate nay when I need to clean the windows that spray doesn’t reach the passenger side).

I have had since December no other major issues; I have driven to Fl and back to NY. This of course not coming from a professional just an owner. Still love it

Everything you all have complained hardly sounds like a "major flaw" to me. I think a major flaw would be that of the late Explorer's tires comming apart, the truck flipping, and killing people, certaintely not wrinkled sheet metal and gas doors malfunctioning.

you don't hate it, do you? You have to love that 400 HP engine

My cousin is a tech at a Chevy, Caddy dealership here and he thinks the engine is not all that. He says by the seat of the pants it feels slow compared to his 02.

??????

My cousin is a tech at a Chevy, Caddy dealership here and he thinks the engine is not all that. He says by the seat of the pants it feels slow compared to his 02.

??????

Well i don't know the specs of the 02 engine but the 400 HP engine does a 1/4 mile in 14.8 - 15.0 sec. Thats right where a stock Mark VIII is. I really don't think the 340 HP version does it that fast. I am guessing high 15s or low 16s. a sec makes a hell of a difference

I personally love the new Escalade but sometimes people have different experiences and problems wit the same car and every one is entitled to there opinion but I wish you the best of luck with your vehicle.

Did your 07 come out of the Arlington Texas
Plant?

Also, look at your Vin number to determine whether
or not your truck came off the line on a Friday or a Monday

Let us know

This is just an ad to sell rims, look at the link it has an escalade right there with rims

I don't know about your's but my 07 Denali as well as my son inlaw's 07 Escalade are two of the finest cars we've owned. we have never had a problem with them or the dealer the paint and body fit is excellent . we dont baby them either in fact we have lined them up for quarter mile fun many times . The funny part is The Denali is faster! I have Owned Suburbans and Tahoes with the same results!!

I have owned or still own (6) 2007 and up Escalade's ( (3) 2007's, 2008, 2009 and just got a 2010) , I have two Range Rover's as well. My second 2007 blew up in my garage with 900 miles on it, bad intake valve, same problems several 427 Z06's had, they used the same valve. While there were issues at the start of the run, none of my Escalade's (minus the exploder) never needed a return trip to the dealer for any warranty work, I wish I could say that about my RR's. There are lemons with any car, I had an S600 Benz, that was always in the shop, in MB defense they replaced the car no questions asked.

Members online

Back