World Cup 2010

TheDude

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Might be the only one in here that follows it. But in case any of you care, the U.S. not only goes forward to the next round of games, but they go into it at the head of their group [C], followed by England. Slovenia and Algeria packing their bags.

This last game against Algeria (1-0), was ####ing epic, they scored at the 90+2 minute mark, with 2 minutes of overtime remaining. U.S. showed heart and a true 'never surrender' attitude til the very end.

Also of note, the U.S. has done all this while being robbed of two goals; in two separate games. The first was likely intentional, Ref made many an odd call against the U.S. that game, the second what seems like an honest mistake by the Ref in this last game.

Well done US - yeah I'm following it. Sports junkie but also a patriot!

Well they certainly had enough frikkin chances.;)

Agreed, U.S. did lack composure on several goal attempts, but considering Algeria was playing a make-it-or-go-home-crying game and they've just been cornholed by the Ref in the first-half, it's understandable.

U.S. is playing Serbia next; possibly Australia, though that is slim. Australia would have to beat Serbia while Germany loses to Ghana in today's games, which coincidentally are starting right now.

Watched about 90% of the games so far - lots of twists and turns. FIFA really need to use replay technology for the referees. US fought hard to get those 2 goals from behind last game so I'm looking forward to watching the game tonight.

From what I hear, Brazil is head and shoulders better than everybody else. I hear they make pinpoint passes on the run, which is something our boys can't compete with. Unfortunately, US Soccer will never be on the level of NBA Finals or the Super Bowl because Americans prefer sports where you use your hands.

From what I hear, Brazil is head and shoulders better than everybody else. I hear they make pinpoint passes on the run, which is something our boys can't compete with. Unfortunately, US Soccer will never be on the level of NBA Finals or the Super Bowl because Americans prefer sports where you use your hands.

Brazilians are, but where that team falters is in defense, their skill at making goals is disproportionate with their defenses. Also, Brazil has been handed it's own ass in the World Cup by teams ranked far lower, it happens, they get cocky and the other team stomps.

Not saying the U.S. has a good chance of winning the Cup this year, but it's shown it can compete and quite possibly go much further into the later rounds. On the very, very, very odd chance the U.S. made it to the final game, that would be an accomplishment in its self. Win or lose.

8-16 more years though of the U.S. improving, who knows. Have to factor in too, there are S. American and European countries that have been vying the Cup for decades and decades, yet always fall short. While the U.S. has improved its game 10-fold in a relatively short time.

Do hope the U.S. doesn't go the route of Mexico and pay S. American players to switch citizenship, I find that tactic poor.

My goal-math was off, Germany and Ghana go in group D.

Means this Saturday it's:

U.S. vs Ghana

Uruguay vs S. Korea

Members online

No members online now.
Back