Wood grain Steering wheel

B

bigdog1279

any one now
if i get a wood grain steering wheel from a 96 or 97 continental can i yous it and hook it up in my 95 continental and will my airbag work or will it not work
i was wondering becouse i belive
that in 96 i became an option for wood grain and in 95 it wasn,t avalable yet as an options and id like to get the wood grain steering wheel if possible other ways have you ever
heard of someone having there steering wheel customized to wood grain

ok thanks
was curious couse a whyl ago i had asked a mechanic
and they sed somthing about the airbag not working and that i didn,t understand what he ment
some mechanis don,t know mouch and some do

also
what about Swapping the Shifter is that possible or is that there for ever
can you put a difren shifter in there if i wants a wood grain shifter instred of the leather one that is has

I know a place called alliance technology's that will custom make a wood wheel for 399.00 they have a website i was on their today. But i who told you their was a wood wheel form 96-97, i have never found one. I wish i could though.

bigdog1279 said:
ok thanks
was curious couse a whyl ago i had asked a mechanic
and they sed somthing about the airbag not working and that i didn,t understand what he ment
some mechanis don,t know mouch and some do

also
what about Swapping the Shifter is that possible or is that there for ever
can you put a difren shifter in there if i wants a wood grain shifter instred of the leather one that is has

you could swap out the stock shift knob but i don't know about the shifter. Go to www.uprproducts.com and look at their shift knobs.

i think the wg wheel became available on the 98 and up when it was restyled.
word of warning dog there is a clockspring in that hub that if you mess it up will cost you to fix and you run a very real risk of blowing a bag.that is not a cheap thing to replace.that clock spring also contains the power strips for your cruise.personally i think our contis are the best looking ones and i love the wraparound cockpit that the newer ones dont have.if you gotta have wood i can turn you on to a place that had a wood kit to fit yours that just covers that rascal's whole dash in very nice wood,but if it was me id leave that nice leather wheel alone as it works good for you now.those bags seem to avg a couple hundred bucks used and a blown cruise servo a little higher.a new bag is supposed to be like a grand from lincoln,and in many states its a high ticket if you drive with a blown bag and they WONT even consider inspecting her.

cool can you hook me up with that place for that wood dash please

Members online

No members online now.
Back