wont start

sherri

New LVC Member
Reaction score
94 town car will not start- have been driving it with no problems went out this morning to go to work and nothing lights are on but nothing else no clicking nothing. It has a new battery and cables have checked them ok what can I look at now? So frustrated with this car.

Did you check the new cables/battery with a volt meter?
Starter could be bad too
Try jumping the starter.

From your description of your problem, it sounds as if your car will not only not start, it will not crank, two different failures.

The starting system includes a lot of parts and a lot of wiring. Thus a systematic approach to troubleshooting is needed to locate where the problem lies. It's very hard to describe how I would go about it. The first thing I would do is have the battery load tested. A new battery can fail just like an old one. With test light in hand, I would start at the starting motor and work my way back toward all of the components and see where I lose voltage.

Components involved in the starting system include:

• Battery
  • Starting motor
  • MLPS
  • Ignition Switch
  • Fuses E & P in the engine compartment fuse panel
  • Start Interrupt Relay if equipped with the anti-theft feature
  • Anti-Theft Controller Module
  • Entire wiring network
I can only offer the wiring diagrams. If you are not adept at electrical troubleshooting, I would say taking it to someone who is, should be in your immediate future.

Good luck.

Here are the road maps:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Members online

Back