won't see this at any tea party rally

topher5150

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Once again, I feel the need to point out that members of the Tea Party never did anything like this.

Occupy Madison has temporarily been denied an extension in their protesting permit because members of the movement violated "public health and safety conditions." The group also did not properly fill out the form.

City officials cited several specific reasons for their decision. The most notable was repeated complains from a nearby hotel, which stated that protesters were "publicly masturbating" in full view of passersby.

The city also cited health violations because the group had "no restrooms," implying that the protesters may have been defecating in public as well.

Paul Streeter, an OWS spokesman, responded to the situation: "[The protest] is indeed a work in progress," he said. "We will continue to address issues as they come up."

On the permit, Madison Fire Prevention Officer Jerry McMullen stated, "You can't be affecting the safety and health of other people around you. With the public health violations and the complaints I've heard, I don't believe it meets the spirit of the ordinance to a street use permit."

He went on to say, "You can tell us what your proposals are, but we have no idea what you are doing, how you are doing it or what your safety and security plan is. We have nothing in writing to back it up, and we usually require that all events have [written plans]."

In the meantime, Occupy Madison has relocated to a different location. They hope to be back as soon as possible.

http://www.punditpress.com/2011/10/occupy-madison-loses-permit-because.html

Members online

No members online now.
Back