Wiring issues on our '89 Conti

Florian

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys :)

I got some wiring / electrical issues on our newly purchased '89 Lincoln Continental.

First of all and very annoying is all the power windows quit working and power door locks, moonroof, keyless entry, power seat either. Checked the fusebox under the dash - everything fine.

Where is the point all this funktions are wired together?

Unfortunedly we don't own a shopmanual / wiring diagrams. I tried to find something online with no results - unfortunedly.

Next is the power Antenna - quit working in the past. Using the switch does flickering to the Radio display. Radio had no reception until i put in a casette witch won't come out. I'm thinkin about putting in an aftermarket one.

Also a door Ajar message stays on the instument cluster. Interior lights are still off when doors closed - but door ajar stays on. Don't know why.

Sorry for that much of questions. I thought all the last nights about that.

i hope this helps you as i'm not familiar with the older lincolns , i found this web site that offers free wiring diagrams in pdf format for download or viewing online its www.bbbind.com . from there main page you click on the technical info tab and then tsb and wiring diags. they do ask for you name ect but never have sent me anything , then of couse year make model ect and wiring diags and the part of the schematic you want to look at . hope this helps. drew

Members online

No members online now.
Back