Windshield Wiper/Turn Signal Switch

LSV8FAN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Intermittently, when the car is first started, the windshield wipers turn on even though the switch is set to off. After cycling the wiper switch the wipers will turn off. The extended warranty is ending this month and the dealer will be replacing the driver's rear lower suspension arm (noisy bushings) and the wipers switch, but, the switch has been discontinued and a search shows that it is nowhere to be found. The part number, based on the service manual and my search, is 4W4Z-13K359-BA. I don't know whether the mechanic looked into the steering column wiring and connectors to make sure all is good since every time the car is started the telescoping steering wheel will position to either mine or my wife's preference, so, after so many years of telescoping and tilting maybe something in the wiring wore out, yet the mechanic just assumed it is the switch based on my problem description.
Any help or guidance on how to locate the switch or, if one of you had a similar issue, what was what you did to fix it, would be greatly appreciated.

SultanGris

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Guy named dalegrib had a problem with the blinker working intermittently, not sure if he every got it fixed, haven't seen him post in a while. Mines starting to go also,i haven't been able to find one either, so i only use my blinker when it matters, like when there's other traffic that needs to know, not every time I switch lanes like i used to.

04_Sport_LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
You didn't say what year your LS is.

Part of this depends on the model year... and features, (rain sensing wipers etc.) Dale had problems finding the right one... because 2003 was a transition year for the LS. He did find a working switch... but IIRC it was used.

Go to rock auto and see if they have anything in stock.

LSV8FAN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
You didn't say what year your LS is.

Part of this depends on the model year... and features, (rain sensing wipers etc.) Dale had problems finding the right one... because 2003 was a transition year for the LS. He did find a working switch... but IIRC it was used.

Go to rock auto and see if they have anything in stock.
LS year and model in my "signature" (2005 LS V8 Ultimate). I tried Rock Auto's website and they don't list it.
Hopefully its is something with the wiring rather than the switch itself.

AmsterDutch

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
LS year and model in my "signature" (2005 LS V8 Ultimate). I tried Rock Auto's website and they don't list it.
Hopefully its is something with the wiring rather than the switch itself.
car-parts.com

AmsterDutch

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Upon looking up the wiper switch on car-parts.com I see salvage yards all over the nation have them price range $25-$75 almost every salvage yard will ship this part ...OEM

SHORod

LVC Member
Reaction score
In the past I've had luck cleaning the MFS using Caig De-Oxit followed by Caig Preserv-It. If you're comfortable removing and reinstalling the MFS yourself this may be an option. I doubt you'd get a shop to agree to try it though.

-Rod

04_Sport_LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
LS year and model in my "signature"

Actually... the mobile site doesn't show a person's signature. Only on the desktop version.

It used to be a common courtesy on here... to list year, engine, suspension package, and options... that way there are no assumptions.

No offense meant.

Members online

No members online now.