Windshield Washer Fluid ?

One that exceeds the wind chill temperature in your area, probable the orange/yellow stuff.

Filled the truck with Prestone washer fluid yesterday. The blue stuff was frosting up on the windshield at -2°, but this stuff worked well. Still had some blue in the reservoir, so it's green instead of yellow, but still worked well. $3.00 a gallon, though.

Andy

Bought some cheap blue stuff from Menards before Christmas. Stuff said up to -20 on the bottle and it has worked fine.

You can cheat a little and but the blue stuff in, and mix some fuel line antifreeze in with it, or even isopropal alcohol with it. All you're trying to do is keep it liquid...

I have purchased Peak Windshield Wash in Atlanta that was labeled -20 (blue) but froze solid by 0. I replaced it (After hours of dumping hot water in the resivoir and turkey basting it out) with Peak Winshield Wash labeled good for -20 (still blue) but purchased in Vermont....It stayed liquid to an as tested -15.

This year, on my christmas trip to VT, I left with an 1/4 full resivoir and put in the purple Peak which is good for a labeled -30. It was still liquid at -19.

Take a low actual temperature thats equal to or less than the temperature of the windshield washer fluid and spray that on a windshield moving down the road it will freeze. Outside temp -5, washer fluid of -20 and a wind chill of -30, you have a frozen windshield.

Take a low actual temperature thats equal to or less than the temperature of the windshield washer fluid and spray that on a windshield moving down the road it will freeze. Outside temp -5, washer fluid of -20 and a wind chill of -30, you have a frozen windshield.

No. WindChill is a factor that only affects living beings.

Wind chill

Wind chill is not a factor, and a wind chill chart is only someones fantasy.

Members online

No members online now.
Back