Windows Rolling Down

johnscottccr

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi, My Lincoln LS V8 Sport is equipped with the global window down feature. This feature is 'normally' activated if the driver holds the 'unlock' button down on the keyless entry remote for more than 2 seconds. However, this is not the case. It's almost as if my car has a mind of it's own. Many mornings when I go out to my car getting ready to leave, all windows are down, and the sun roof is completely open. This usually happens after a good rain, and the temperature outside is cooler. And, then again... it could happen on any morning. I have no idea why this is happening. My keyless entry remote gets taken out of my pocket as soon as i get home. So, there is no chance of me accidentally pushing the button while it's in my pocket. I have expressed this to a FLM dealer, but they have never heard of the windows and sun roof being wide open, for no reason. Help!

Scott

well this probably not the case, but what the hell it's sort of related.
If you get one of those handheld computers that can send out a signal u can drive down the road and open everybody's garage doors just have to send the right signal.
I have no idea how that works just know it can happen.
so does that answer what happens to ur car, prob not esp if u don't see people hangin around your car and I hope the LS is security is more sophisticated then a garage doors.

Well, I never, ever keep anything of value in my car because of this. Luckily, this has NOT happened yet while I'm out at a Mall of some sort. I can't explain how this happens. I live in a decent subdivision, so I don't think that someone is doing this with one of those hand held devices, although it could be possible. I just wish there was someway to 'disable' that feature myself. I'm thinking I'm going to have to tell a FLM tech to disable it thru the onboard computer. I am at a fork in the road on this one.

Scott

make your dealer replace the keyless entry module and BOTH transmitters. If they won't you may consider gently reminding them that the 3rd time you bring this car in for the same issue...you know the rest. I had a buddy who bought a Murano (why??) and the keys locked themselves in the car several times (engine running). Dealer said deal with it, arbitrator told dealer to issue refund.

It sounds like there's a short circuit in the door, or there's a problem with the DDM (Driver's Door Module). The DDM handles the keyless remote functionality and its interfacing with the rest of the car's systems, IIRC.

Well, I'm taking the car in for tranny trouble on Monday. What should I say to the service mangler at the FLM dealership? Should I tell him to look into the DDM or check the keyless entry remotes and whatever makes that thing work? Just curious! Thanks for the replies as well!

Scott

seriously, I'd just tell them to fix it and you don't care how many parts it takes. that's ridiculous. If it decides to do it when it's pouring rain outside it's gonna cost big $$$

IMO, you have a very serious problem. I would insist on that being fixed immediately! You know, it could be something as simple as someone else around you having the same code and screwing with you. Rare, but possible. Either way, a new module, code, and fob's should take care of it.

Thanks for all of the replies. I have taken the car to the FLM dealer and will advise on what they find and fix.

Scott

OK, got the '03 LS V8 back from the dealer...

The service mgr and service techs got to see what was happening this time. They replaced the DDM and reprogrammed it with a new code. I guess it was shorting out somehow, or maybe it had taken in some water. I'm not sure, but I hope my windows and sunroof stay closed, unless 'I' open them. Thanks for all of your replies, you guys are GREAT!

Scott

Members online

Back