Windows 7

rayner601

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just installed Win7 Ultimate and all I can say is WOW!! Takes up half of the space as Vista Business, is faster to load, multi tasks better. Has a better GUI than Vista. It also found all my hardware with no issues. Running on a Dell Inspiron 600m, Pentium M 1.6 ghz, 2gb ram, 40g hd, 32mb video ram. I know it's not a gamer machine, just a tester and getting on the internets. If you are considering Vista, wait until 7 is out on the retail market. If you're buying a new computer, make sure you get the upgrade.

It isn't, but if you work for a software/networking/integrating/hardware company, a MSDN subscription is priceless. I get to test different hardware and software along with Cisco appliances and other stuff. The only bad thing is it's on my company notebook :(

i have window 7 rc1 on my laptop, and i already preordered it for when it comes out. it runs well and my computer isn't updated at all

You guys getting a Beta or what?

for a while they were letting people download it and run it so they could find any potential bugs with the system before they start selling it. i've had a few small issues but nothing major, and most of them due to the horrible graphics processor that my laptop has.

You guys getting a Beta or what?

The one I have is from the MSDN subscription that my company has. You can get on for free IF you attend one of the "release seminars" or some other method here or here

If you look on microsoft's site, you can find a listing of the seminars.

I had the Beta for a while just to play with. They got their shyte together this time.

Steve Ballmer couldn't have two failed OSes in a row, and his team really stepped up to the plate for this one.

Was anybody reading the blog? I followed it through late last year to early this year. First time MS gave the developers direct contact with the users, via the blog - and it was really fascinating reading about exactly how and why they do or did things the way they do.

Still loving win7 rc. been loving 7 since december. Can't wait until the that retail version ships. Three PCs in the house to update.

Members online

No members online now.
Back