window water spots

lincoln joe

LVC Member
Reaction score
anyone out there have a remedy to removing dried water spots from my mark's windows? thanks, joe

I do a mix of vinegar and water (50/50) as well for very light water marks. For a deeper glass cleaning I use the Glass Science Glass Scrub. This product was designed to remove the worst watermarks, acid rain, etchings, lime scale and other contaminates that get lodged in the micro pores of the glass. After I try and protect the glass with a good sealant like the Glass Science Rain Clear Gel. This makes the water bead off and helps prevent watermarks from forming. You can get the Glass Science Rain Clear Gel and Glass Scrub in a kit for $5.99.

Greg @ Detailed Image

I use stealwool with a windex or soapy water, but IT MUST BE 0000 . it is very soft and breaks down as u use it. i ahave been using it for a long time. but you must not do the inside with it, where the windows have the tint, only outside use.

Use the Black Magic glass cleaning rag before the sun dries the glass next time you wash the car, put some elbow into it and it will go away thats all you need......but the vinegar and newspaper works great also.

Sometimes you can just use the rag and no other cleaner if you rub hard enough......when drying your car( assuming you know this but oh well) do the glass first before it dries in the sun or airs out in the shade.....some cleaners have stuff that gets left behind in the drops so rinse very well.

I do my black window pillars on my LS as soon as Im done washing....those things suck to keep spotless but this same method keeps em with out any spots at all....same with my glass....and remember if your windows are tinted the sun is makeing em hoter and drying them faster so do the glass right away..

Members online

No members online now.
Back