Window Tint Ticket

NoLimit95

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just as the title says, I was going down the HWY today and a state trooper gets in behind me and throws the blues on. I had no clue why because I wasn't speeding or weaving. He walks up on the passengers side and tells me the reason he pulled me over was because of my window tint.

Ok, I have already been to court once because what I had on the rear windows was illegal but I had it removed and replaced with legal tint (35%) and I had a receipt in the car showing it. He puts the meter on the passenger side and it shows 25% and then comes to my side and it reads 26% and then the rear side was showing 18% lol. Me and him went back and forth that he had a chit meter that needed to be calibrated but no, he gives me 3 tickets because I admitted to him that he was stupid after he said he wasn't.

I then take the car directly to Hartselle, City police dept. and had three officers come out and put their meter on it. before it even had a meter on it, two of the officers said it was legal and the meter was put on. He said "you're good" and I asked what it was reading and he told me to look for myself. I looked and it said 31.5% and they allow 5% under the 32% limit before giving a citation. The other ticket he wrote me was for not having a window tint decal showing that it was legal. DO I work at the fuggin tint shop? Not my damn job to put stickers on my car for their work. Then he wrote me another ticket because my insurance card was a temporary card because I just switched to State Farm but I do have insurance.

I'm having State Farm fax proof of insurance to the courthouse because I went there and they said that was fine but as for the windows, I'm going to court and when all is said and done, I'll pass again. The reason I want to go to court is because he said he would be there stating that it IS illegal and I can say that it's legal all I want. When I leave free and clear, I will see him and ask who the stupid one is now. Does my windows look illegal to you? Would you have pulled me over for what you see below?

Fountain.jpg

ParkingGarage002.jpg

Seriously, do you see any 18% on those windows? I can't say I hate all state troopers but that mother :q:q:q:qer needs his ass kicked and he needs some new Duracells put in his :q:q:q:qed up meter. As I took the tickets from his hand, he was still talking :q:q:q:q and I rolled my window up in his face, put my things back in the glove compartment and drove off. I was done talking to the :q:q:q.

lol, I feel sorry for you bro. Just move to WA, they don't care about tint unless you've already done something wrong. I got 20% tint for nearly 2yrs now, no front license plate, I drive like BMW owner (aka leadfooted, and a total @sshole, and racing anyone who wants to run at the lights) :p

only gotten 2 tickets in the 3+ years I've owned my LS but they were for speeding on the highway (75 in a 60) in broad daylight but the cops still didn't cite me for anything else.

Move to washington state, bro! lol

I remember the two ladies at the courthouse saying to each other that "he didn't even sign it" but I thought they were talking about me. There has to be something to this or they wouldn't have mentioned it to each other. I went to get it tested where I will be going to court to go ahead and have it thrown out but now, I'm not. They told me I could beat it if it's legal and I know it is.

My tint shop that I use doesn't carry 25% tint and they don't have 18% tint. They have 15%, which is also known as 20%, and then 35% and they do have 2% & 5%.

His numbers just don't add up and I'm going to the tint shop and getting the sticker for that fukwad and getting the Asian guy to print up that they have no such tint at their shop that the trooper metered.

It is possible to have odd readings from a light meter, but his appears to be in error. A 35% film applied to a window that is factory tinted will put you over the limit (if the VLT is capped at 35%). Some states restrict the net (film and window) and some the film applied to windows. The law is written in such a way to avoid circumventing the statute.

For instance if the window is factory tinted to allow 90% of the visible light through and you apply 35% film over that you are left with a net of 31.5% (good if the limit is 32% but bad if the limit is 35%)

The trooper is probably correct that the law requires aftermarket tint to be accompanied by a sticker (between the tint and windw) from the person applying the tint stating the type of material used. I have heard this one before...

See here: http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/

i still think you can win this and as far as that:q:q:q dont worry about him his just jelous cause he wish he had a car like yours lol.

lol, like I said before, I took it to Hartselle City police dept about 30 minutes after I got the ticket and three cops came out to see what I had sent the trustee inside for. I asked him to go in and bring out an officer for me. Three came out and all three walked to my car in the parking lot and all three witnessed the reading of their meter showing 31.5 and he also explained that you're allowed up to 5% in either direction on the tint. Our limit here is 32% which means that I could be as low as 27% and still be ok within the law. I know I'll beat all the tickets, that's not my worry at all. It just felt like harassment from him on his part.

I'm sure he could have applied himself to much better things than to :q:q:q:q with me over something that he should be trained to see with his own eye. There are some directions that you can look at the car and the tint does seem to be darker than it really is but when you get up close or right behind me, it's obvious to anyone with half ass eyes that what I have is legal. The sticker maybe should have been placed on the glass or w/e but that's not my job. That's the professionals job, I didn't tint the windows. I showed him a receipt of what was put on. That should have been good enough. Then he has the balls to tell me that "they could have typed anything out on here"

Seriously?

Below are a couple of different views that look darker but it's the same legal tint. He only seen mine from the rear direction. He never bothered to drive up beside me. Just an ass hat for a cop to go along with half the others out there. If you're an ass hat cop or state trooper, I say :q:q:q:q you! Go find a deserted road and jerk off and leave people like me alone.

ParkingGarage001.jpg

both of these are the same exact tint. 35% on all 5 windows.

Grille004-1.jpg

Well if your 35% registered at 18% my 20% would be in the single digits. That's pretty crappy.

I agree, if I had 15% or 20% (both the same), it would have been in the single digits. Check the ticket out up above. He typed it out. I thought it was 18% but really he said 17% lol. He never let me see the readings but I was being an ass since he was and I asked him why in the hell would I have 25% put on that window and 26% put on the other and 18% put on that one side window.

Then I asked him if he knew there was no such thing as 18% tint and no such thing as 26% tint. I think there might be a 25% but I know I have 35% on all 5 and that's all that matters. Two other meters have already been on the same exact windows and it's been proven that I'm well within the legal limits. I wished court was tomorrow so bad. He said twice to me "I'm not stupid" and he yelled that at me??? WTF...

We'll see when we go to court who looks stupid. He was a real dick about the whole thing. If I would have been smart, I would have told him to call for his supervisor and bring out a different tint meter.

lol, I feel sorry for you bro. Just move to WA, they don't care about tint unless you've already done something wrong. I got 20% tint for nearly 2yrs now, no front license plate, I drive like BMW owner (aka leadfooted, and a total @sshole, and racing anyone who wants to run at the lights) :p

only gotten 2 tickets in the 3+ years I've owned my LS but they were for speeding on the highway (75 in a 60) in broad daylight but the cops still didn't cite me for anything else.

Move to washington state, bro! lol

Pete, the banana girl you had was better than the pussy kicker. :p

If you can subpoena the other officers that checked your tint. The tint sticker deal can be resolved by going to the tint shop and get a sticker and show the court proof that it's there and the shop just forgot to put it on. Should be able to get out of that one fairly easy. As for talking :q:q:q:q to the trooper, it took me a lawyer and $2500 to learn that it's not nice to call a deputy a blind mother :q:q:q:qer :mad:

I HATE cops. :mad:

That is all. :D

Same here, especially that prick lick.

The sticker isn't a problem to get at all. I can do that tomorrow. Me and the Asian guy get along good and he done my 94 twice and he has done the 95 twice so now he cuts me good deals. He also hates cops because they pulled him over and gave him a ticket. What's so bad is that he does cops personal cars with illegal tint. 5% on all 5 and 35% on their windshields. Me and him had to go to court on the same day when Huntsville City tested mine and said I was good to go. Their meter read 29.8 I think or 30.8 but anyway, it passed.

The Asian said from now on when another cop comes in and asks for a special tint job, he was going to ask them to leave. He does not want anymore cops business and I can assure you, he doesn't need it. He has more than he can handle. I took pics when he was doing mine and the shop is always full.

0119101325-00.jpg

before he tinted it

and now he's getting with it.

0119101415-00.jpg

If you can subpoena the other officers that checked your tint. The tint sticker deal can be resolved by going to the tint shop and get a sticker and show the court proof that it's there and the shop just forgot to put it on. Should be able to get out of that one fairly easy. As for talking :q:q:q:q to the trooper, it took me a lawyer and $2500 to learn that it's not nice to call a deputy a blind mother :q:q:q:qer :mad:

I did talk :q:q:q:q to the trooper but I never called him a blind MF. When he said he wasn't stupid, I did say "yes you are" because what i was trying to explain to him was that possibly that factory solar tint being out in the sun and the after market tint could be reading a little darker than it should, I didn't know but when I said that, he yells out "I'm not stupid", pah, yeah you are. Then he says "you can get mad if you want but and you can say it's legal all you want but in court, I'm going to say it's illegal" and then I told him "and when you do, it will be tested because this :q:q:q:q ain't coming off and it will be tested with you watching and you will see that the meter you have is a POS"
Alabama cops take a little more :q:q:q:q talk than most other places do. As long as I didn't say anything in a threatening way, I knew I was alright. i knew he had his microphone on and camera watching me the whole time. Damn he's gonna look like a total ass in court. The ladies at the courthouse even mentioned his last name like they have already heard of other problems with him. July 1st, NOT GUILTY and then my court date will be set up.

Thats sucks man, from what I read you should make out okay. I would file a complaint on the officer just to cover your ass. That way if he pulls you over again it will start to look like harrasment.

Im in michigan, my windows are 5% all the way around except for the drivers and passengers. I use 20% on those. Any tint on these is illegal. I've been pulled over 11 times and had to remove it twice. I put it back on after I remove it. Never got a ticket for it (knock on wood) The same punk state tropper made me pull it twice. I filed a complaint on him. He hasn't pulled me over anymore.

I'd say 95% of the officers I've dealt with are cool as hell, just normal guys. They were checking to see if I was selling drugs. I let them check the car if they want, usually the 14 year spotless driving record says it all.

I met 2 bad cops, 1 being a racist black azzhole. That guy tried to ruin my life. Trooper for the tint, might have just been by the book.

I would file a complaint on him but I doubt it would do any good. I even went to the state troopers office on HWY 31, just inside Decatur, AL. and asked to speak to a supervisor and requested them to bring a tint meter out and check to verify his reading.

:confused: "We don't have meter here and I don't have anything to do with the ticket he wrote you and even if we did have a meter here, we're not going to void a ticket here for you anyway. Take it down to the courthouse where you have to go to court"

(me walking out)

"Must be an office full of rookies working today with faulty equipment"

Now, I could imagine what they would have done for me if I went in to file a complaint. Probably laughed.

Well, today I had to go to real court because I went to the arraignment hearing and said Not Guilty and then today was my real court date. The sh!t took nearly all day and then I had to stand before the judge and the officer and the DA. The DA talked his bull:q:q:q:q and then I was given the chance to ask the officer questions and believe me, I asked questions. To make a long story short, Morgan County, ALABAMA :q:q:q:qed me right in the ass and made me pay $100 for not having a sticker of compliance and I'm not the one that applied my tint. On top of that, they would not even look at the receipt I had that showed what was put on the car...... So, I had to pay $100 for having LEGAL window tint.

MORGAN COUNTY
DECATUR, AL. COURT SYSTEM IS CROOKED AND SUCKS ASS!

That's all I have to say about this. I could have appealed it with a $500 bond or something but I just gave $200 away for free just to be done with it. I hope that cawk sucker stops me again because this time, I will record the entire conversation, take pictures and call his supervisor out. I hate state troopers like officer McCollough. Maybe a semi will side swipe his ass while he writes another false tint ticket.

do what deb did, tint them 5 percent and get an eye docs signiture saying you need them tinted because ur eyes are sensitive to light, also keep 8 pairs of glasses in your glove box

do what deb did, tint them 5 percent and get an eye docs signiture saying you need them tinted because ur eyes are sensitive to light, also keep 8 pairs of glasses in your glove box

I used to really have photo sensitive eyes and a persc too. I had the windows in my Merc done 5% all round and 50% in the windsheild... that was a wicked look on an all black car :cool: I never once got hassled for it though even when the cops knew me by first name for the summer one year ;)

Already in the works 5% all around and 35% on the windshield. I'm fed up with this sh!t. I try to have something legal and the trooper lies under oath. He lied because I was found guilty of having legal window tint. What goes around, comes around.

Members online

No members online now.
Back