Window Regulator Part # Question

lsbit

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am trying to find out how some people found the window regulator for $35.00. I searched the threads to get the info and gave my dealer the part # I found here, and they said that part # was showing up for a 2003 model. The # they had listed for the 2000 was $75.00. This is for the regulator too...not the motor.

Do I use the 2003 version? Even at that, the part showed closer to $50.00, he said. I hate to replace it with a regulator that is going to break again in a short time too.

???

Thanks.

lsbit said:
Hello all,

I am trying to find out how some people found the window regulator for $35.00.

4W4Z-5427008-AA $37.00

My dealer had the inventory screwed up. The first regulator they tried to sell me looked NOTHING like what it was supposed to. After getting things right, it looks just like the one that was in there before. Three studs too. I can't even tell what broke on mine. It looks like the cable just came undone. It was making stretching noises since I had it. I figured for the price, it wouldn't be worth trying to get the old one fixed.

so you fare just replacing the regulator?

I threw a motor out duirng my move. I will probably regret that one day. Along wit it went a MAF and the upper half of the airbox. I should be slapped around some huh....

eL eS said:
so you fare just replacing the regulator?

I threw a motor out duirng my move. I will probably regret that one day. Along wit it went a MAF and the upper half of the airbox. I should be slapped around some huh....

You might want to slap yourself on the MAF. :)

I was fine just replacing the regulator. I was stupid though and removed the wrong screws and accidentally took the motor apart! :Bang I got it back together, but now it runs opposite the other windows on the switch. I guess I should flip that motor cover around.

I was trying to hurry the job up so I could get to FFW in Bristol Saturday. AGAIN...nothing is easy the first time on these cars...well, except the oil change.

Members online

No members online now.
Back