Window Cleaner and good swirl remover.

DunItRight

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone tell me a good window cleaner. I hqave thse damn spots that just dont go away no matter what I use.

Also I need some help with something to get rid of the swirly fine scratches with out useing a buffer. I see products that say they get rid of these things with out the use of a buffer but are they really worth it?

Thanks, I hear that stoner stuff is good.

The Meguiars is one of those I question as I had some stuff not work like it said but Ill try it out now that I have a recomendation on it.

I posted on this a while ago, but when I do the monthly clay, polish, wax...I clay bar the windows too and you wouldnt beleive all the crud that comes off and gets rid of the rain spots. I use Mother's Brand which comes with the bar and spray detail wax for lubrication, but I just use Windex as lubricant instead of that. It works great. Then use a microfiber cloth to get up the excess. Then to keep the spots away for as long as I can I use rain-x on the windows (stuff is great, I don't even need my wipers on the highway if its raining, it all just glides right over the back.) Hope that helps.

Also I don't know if you mean swirls in the glass or the paint. For the glass I don't know what would work, but for the paint, just use polish, then wax. That works really well in removing light swirls and scratches.

It sounds like you have some light water mark etchings or contamination build up on the glass. I love the Stoner Invisible Glass but this will only remove light surface contamination. Clay bar can remove slightly deeper contamination as well. However in your situation I would highly recommend the Glass Science Glass Scrub. This product deep cleans the glass and will remove those watermarks no problem. It also does a good job of removing contaminates that are lodged in the micro-pores of your glass. You may also want to seal the glass after with a sealant like the Glass Science Rain Clear Gel.

What do you mean by swirls? Do you mean micro-fine scratches in arching pattern? Or do you mean there is haze on the surface you can see in bright lighting? Pics? Any and all information will be helpful in formulating a recommendation.

They have been digging up a entire hill, a very big hill next to me in the middle of the woods. They decided to take half of the woods down as well. I guess they wanna make a new apartment building but all the crap flying around is making everything so filthy.

The glass has what looks or actually seems like sap but looks like dirt. No matter what I do I cant get it off even with very hot water. I don't think its really tree sap but its just allot of caked on crap and maybe a bit of sap in the mix.

As far as the swirls, its those ones that look like a spider web is on the car when you look at it just right in the light. They are not deep but they are not hazy either.

Ill try for some pics but its been a bit rainy over the last 2 days and even then when its sunny its hard getting the swirls to show up on my camera.

The glass has what looks or actually seems like sap but looks like dirt. No matter what I do I cant get it off even with very hot water. I don't think its really tree sap but its just allot of caked on crap and maybe a bit of sap in the mix.

It's mud/clay mix. Very hard to remove.

We took my bud's Hummer out for a little R&R and when we got back, the truck was coated. We could not get the spotting off. We were even going to have Hummber repaint the whole truck.

Anyway, my buddy got it removed but I forgot what he used. He'll be over tonight and I'll ask him. We rubbed, scrubbed, buffed, you name it, it didn't come off.

I'll let you know.

Thanks but its only on the glass. The paint looks great except for the swirls but still let me know.

Thanks!

OK so there was a break in th weather for a bit yesterday but I still didn't get out to the store. Anyway a neighbor say me messing around and scrubbing the damn windows and we got to talking and he gave me this cheap a44 crap from the dollar general store call KIT scratch and swirl remover.

I thought ahhh what the hell Ill give it a shot. Did the old before and after on the hood and wow for some cheap crap this stuff worked. I doubt its gunna last and all as far as protectant and all but there isn't no more swirls so at least I know it can be tackled before its to late.

You need a PC 7424 or somethign similar to remove swirls and watermarks. Some good products to remove them is poorboys SSR line(which i use) or Men. line products.

Spots on windows is most likely water marks, use vinager to remove them.

Diamondite makes the best glass cleaner for cutting tough grime, but if it's not too excessively dirty Stoner's is a very good glass cleaner. For swirls and scratches nothing beats using a buffer but Poorboy's World and Menzerna make very good swirl removers.

OK so there was a break in th weather for a bit yesterday but I still didn't get out to the store. Anyway a neighbor say me messing around and scrubbing the damn windows and we got to talking and he gave me this cheap a44 crap from the dollar general store call KIT scratch and swirl remover.

I thought ahhh what the hell Ill give it a shot. Did the old before and after on the hood and wow for some cheap crap this stuff worked. I doubt its gunna last and all as far as protectant and all but there isn't no more swirls so at least I know it can be tackled before its to late.

You doubt it'll last? Swirl removers take a small amount of the clearcoat off to remove the swirls, not fill them in. Glazes and waxes fill in swirls.

i use my spray on wax...makes the glass a bit shinier imo. also, it does wonders for chrome..

Members online

Back