Will the dash trim from a 93 fit a 95?

DkPorto95

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Topic covers it - have a 95 base where the dash trim is just hopeless -as in the support for the pulse width/Dimmer module doesn't exist. There's a 93 in a yard up the road, but wanted to know if it will fit before I go yank it.

Almost ready to put dad's old ride back on the road - two transplanted modules from this junker have my current drain problem (gee, what a surprise there) gone.

Otherwise, anyone have a dash trim panel for a 95 they'd be willing to part with?

The dash's are different from 93 to 95, but most all of the trim pieces are the same. I'm not understanding which piece you are talking about, but most of the trim is the same.

The piece from the light switch all the way to passenger side airbag - holds headlight switch, surround for instrument cluster and message center, has the two middle dash air vents in it - sorry if I didn't call by proper name.

The piece from the light switch all the way to passenger side airbag - holds headlight switch, surround for instrument cluster and message center, has the two middle dash air vents in it - sorry if I didn't call by proper name.

That'll fit, yes. That center section is really easy to remove (I'm sure you've probably removed it already) and it's universal - to Gen 1's that is. The passenger side airbag is really tricky to get out if you don't know where you're looking for the bolts on the underside. I don't know if you plan on swapping that too but just a heads up.

Thanks for that, good info.

Sadly the bozo who had it out last broke the bottom where the pulse width module goes in, didn't take the screws out ... You get the picture. Stopping at a parts store first to pick up a proper panel tool - so the spring clips in the middle come out.

The plastic parts I've dealt with so far are bigtime brittle.

The airbag is staying - just needs a good cleaning.

Should be three or four small (5/16?) bolts around where the light knob is then two screws on the underside of the top of the dash, where the cluster is. Remove the dimmer switch (have to unhook the wire plug and it comes out through the front when you press the two tabs on the top and bottom of the module). Then, you just pull from the knob side towards you. It'll pop out and then you pull from the cluster portion and slowly work your way over towards the information center. It all just pops out, no tools required. Just be firm but careful.

I've literally taken mine out probably 10 times when I was doing the custom gauge needles or changing the cluster bulbs. Everything is pretty brittle.

Members online

Back