Why did you pick your tc over the deville?

Beyond the increase in power, its a much better car. You dont buy a car just cause its faster. The honda people know that. From dependability, to interior, ride, cheaper parts, more functional mechanics, ease of repair, and in my opinion better interior, classier exterior, etc etc . . . .

Honestly I love both devilles and towncars: separately and not equal. I prefer lincolns more because I think it provides a better luxury look and performance.

Also, it seems as if we as kids were raised to worship cadillacs.
I first started admiring lincolns just to be different from my fellow caddy lovas. But then I really started looking at them and I realized that they are [in my opinion] BETTER.
Anywayz, Lincoln was a great president, whats a cadillac???

GIVE ME LINCOLN OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!

We bought the town car over the cadillac because the preformance is way better then the cadillac. I think the rear wheel drive just makes you feel go faster then the front wheel car. I know in facts the the cadillac preforms better then the town car. I test drove both cars when we bought it new. The cadillac just doesn't seem to throw the punch that the town car does. same goes for my conti because its a FWD. It has more hp and torque then the town car but doesn't seems to accerate like the town car.

804072_34_full.jpg

Yeah, I like TC better than the DeVilles. I had a 89 deville, but now I have a 95 TC. I like the rear-wheel-drive. I live on a dirt road and I'm always peeling out. The devilles do have more HP, but TC has enough to get around just fine.

Take Care guys, 95LTC

Thanks for all the replies

my main reasons were

Rear Wheel Drive
Classier, more updated looking interior(the deville's interior looks like somethign from the 80,s and is almost identical to a higher end buicks.. and we all know how i feel about buick)
Reliability Issues with the northstar
the towncar has slightly lower hp, but overall, i think it accelerates just as good
towncar rides alot better and is quieter
one thingi really like about the tc interior is all the control buttons for the windows and such are chrome, and the whole plate they are mounted on is woodgrain, the deville uses ugly black buttons and a black base with a tiny strip of wood around it.
Cadillacs have a ton of features, but i dont feel like they are of lower quality than those found in the tc

my only complaint about the tc is the ac, and its not really even a complaint.. but i think it would be better if it was capable of blowing harder.

I dont know why caddys are so hyped by everyone, lincoln is the better car.

I have a 1990 Towncar and a 1998 Deville. The Deville has more power than the 5.0 in the Towncar. The Deville has more gadgets than the Towncar. But the Towncar rides smoother, has better lines, has more low-down OOOmph (torque?) and I just like it better. The Towncar also has a better sound system but that is due to a little aftermarket work ;-)

your 91 tc would be my pick over an 05 quackillack duckville anyday.

A Lincoln Link said:
Honestly I love both devilles and towncars: separately and not equal. I prefer lincolns more because I think it provides a better luxury look and performance.

Also, it seems as if we as kids were raised to worship cadillacs.
I first started admiring lincolns just to be different from my fellow caddy lovas. But then I really started looking at them and I realized that they are [in my opinion] BETTER.
Anywayz, Lincoln was a great president, whats a cadillac???

GIVE ME LINCOLN OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!

Cadillac was the name of some frenchman who established the city of Detroit.

Ha Ha Ha, a Frenchman!

evrytime i see a caddy im like " theyre not so bad" then i actually take a second look and something about them strikes me as trashy. i dont know what it is, but i literally can not stand anything about those cars. for the longest time i wanted a 95 sts, but after i looked one over really well, i hated everything about it.

Nakoa said:
evrytime i see a caddy im like " theyre not so bad" then i actually take a second look and something about them strikes me as trashy. i dont know what it is, but i literally can not stand anything about those cars. for the longest time i wanted a 95 sts, but after i looked one over really well, i hated everything about it.

Nokoa,

Your disdain for Cadillac and not knowing why sounds a bit psycho don't you think? I think your disdain is probably related to the fact that you own a Lincoln.

I'm a Cadillac owner and former owner of an 88 Lincoln Mark VII LSC. I can't say anything bad about the car except the paint was pealing, which, in those days, it was not unusual to see American cars with peeling paint. Perhaps in the future I'll buy a Mark, but not until they change the styling so that it doesn't look like a bar of soap. Forget the Towncar because it looks like a bubble-mobile. The bottom line for me is that I’m going to buy American, whether GM or Ford—I would also like to say Chrysler, but I don’t consider it American anymore. The shareholders were suckered into selling their stock to Mercedes who bought a controlling interest in the company.

Lincoln body on frame. Bigger. Rearwjeel drive. Not made by gm. Rides better. Better seats. Better switches for windows. Better looking. Better engine. Better transmission. Better dash. Better everything. Cadillac? What a joke. Fwd. Burns oil. Leaks oil. Fuggly.plastic fenders.

Lincoln looked same and OK for years. Devil got ugglier and ugglier. The presidential limo is possibly the ugliest car ever.

I'll go along
Town car cause it's better in almost every way.
Just from the factory it's a little slow.

all the Deville's looked like clown cars with 26 inch rims in my area and was ragged out and to deal with a GM from the early 90's hell any GM more in particular cheap interiors cracked dashes you name it that's what was broken on them. I can thank my crazy a$$ uncle for telling me these are some of the best cars he died 1 month before I bought mine. I drove to the cemetery and I stood over his grave and said well, you were right ya crazy bastard.

I have owned both town car and deville and I must say, I tried to like the caddy, I really did I gave it as fair of a chance as I could and what I found is that it wasn't the car for me. The seats were uncomfortable, the dash was always rattling and while yes it did have the Northstar that could blow my Tc away good luck working on it or even getting a mechanic to. This car was both better and worse at the same time yes it had better features (I mean for the love of god would it have killed ford to have an in dash cd player for a 96 town car my 92 had one!) And a few other gadgets that were of use namely onstar. But when it came down to the staples, ride, dependability, parts, etc. The Lincoln had it in spades. Perhaps my biggest issue with the car was that the batery was under the back seat I thought that was bs for 2 reasons besides safety 1 if I wanted to feel like I was in an old vw beetle I would buy one, 2 they could have ran it an extra 2 feet and put it in the trunk.

I've noticed the Deville owners think their cars are worth top dollar....at least in the St. Louis area. I've been told by a few folks the transmissions fail at a higher rate and the northstar engine isn't too reliable. Of course this is taking into account an old used 2003 Deville vs a 2003 Town Car. I'm sure if you buy a new Deville from any year with 0 miles it will be as reliable as a new TC with 0 miles.....they both suck regardless.

Well I have 7 cars all Lincolns and I like to scout salvage yards for odds and ends and just to see what I can find. There are more Cadillacs in there than Lincolns . I was in a new one I found yesterday and I could hardly find the lincolns for all the Devilles and other Cads. Oh by the way I am new to the forum and this is my first post

Members online

Back