Who wants boost?

Have to go bigger, with the cams, head work, and bore I need more..
Need is probably more of a want really.

i want boost but i cant have it
you going F1 procharger :)
maybe the F4 is more your style
people always say go bigbor go home.

this would be great to have. but, as usual, i don't have the cash.
maybe after i get out of school.

Ha! and you've just got married, bought a place to be... Next there's gonna be kids.... :D

this would be great to have. but, as usual, i don't have the cash.
maybe after i get out of school and rebuild my engine or put a newish motor in it.

Fixed it for ya Chris. ;) I would never boost a motor with the miles you have. You'd be finding the weakest link really quick. Hell, I'm afraid to even spray a shot of nitrous on my silver car. It's over 155K miles and things age quick when I drive them.

Its on its way to its new home. Sold just as quick as when I bought it, hopefully it gets used this time.
When I started to calculate flow rate for the cooler I had three different people tell me I was going to run out of steam before I hit 6100 rpm. I sure this is the same reason mike upgraded to the t-trim on The Mark.

Its on its way to its new home. Sold just as quick as when I bought it, hopefully it gets used this time.
When I started to calculate flow rate for the cooler I had three different people tell me I was going to run out of steam before I hit 6100 rpm. I sure this is the same reason mike upgraded to the t-trim on The Mark.

That's strange!!! My V2 makes power all the way to the redline 6850 rpm!

That's strange!!! My V2 makes power all the way to the redline 6850 rpm!

With the mods 97MarkJA has planned he is going to need more than the S-Trim for his car to be efficient. Sure it will have worked and made power but it would have also reached the point that it was producing more heat than pressure and with a small pulley that point comes on even quicker.

-Alan

With the mods 97MarkJA has planned he is going to need more than the S-Trim for his car to be efficient. Sure it will have worked and made power but it would have also reached the point that it was producing more heat than pressure and with a small pulley that point comes on even quicker.

-Alan

True story, the strim is rated for 600-640 at full boost. Given the head work, cams, headers, 11:1 comp, bore, and exhaust it would never see max PSI. In the end it can only flow 1000 cfm, this is the limiting factor for the hp rating.
Even if I end up at 550ish for a street tune the power curve would look silly with the strim

Ugh this is driving me nuts :mad:

I built so many Lightning and GT engines that were between 700-1000HP pump gas but they were all using Eaton style blowers. Plus had Manley Turbo Tuff rods n pistons with lower compression.

If I had E85 closer to me I wouldn't hesitate to put a Vortech or something on my stock relatively low mile Mark. My Tuner took a stock cast piston STi engine swapped into a WRX and got the thing to go mid 10's in the 1/4.

Engine is now in someones car still driving around doing street duty with a smaller turbo. It's all in the tune basically :rolleyes:

Want boost you might get this! This is in my hand as we speak.
007-22_zps6d849cdb.jpg

Its the #8 so hard to see right now. The head will be coming off for sure. There is alum missing from where plug hole got zapped. I hope its JUST the head! Crossing fingers. Doing leak down test if we can. BTW this is from 2000 Lightning 12 psi.

The the threads are pointing up it looks like something tried to get out rather than the plug ejecting.

The the threads are pointing up it looks like something tried to get out rather than the plug ejecting.

Yes it burnt a fire slot right out side of plug to atmosphere. We thought he did the normal plug blow out because it was pumping out air. Plug was still in head. Its a Ship show now. I just shipped my pants.

Members online

No members online now.
Back