Which year and model ls most reilable

jberbrich

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
For some reason, my son wants an LS like mine. I have an '03 V8 Sport. Have had lots of coils replaced, complete A/C pump and manifold, and now have constant fan running issues without any overheating.

If he were to buy an LS, is there a year and model (V6, V8) that has fewer mechanical issues?

Thanks guys.

2006. Only comes in the V8.

It is the newest, therefore will have the least issues, but it does share most common maintenance items as all 03+ V8s.

I would go with the V6, they are solid motors. I had the same engine in my Sable and it never went wrong, only the fuel pump had issues. I have a V6 in my LS now but I can't really judge since I have only had it since January.

Ive read that the 2002 v6 is the most reliable. The only problem Ive had are the dccv and the pcv valve elbow replaced. I did a tune up about 25k ago just because one had not been done since new. Im over 150k so far.

the newer the better, however the 06 does not have the extended warranty on the coils that the 03's to 05's have

the newer the better, however the 06 does not have the extended warranty on the coils that the 03's to 05's have

True, but so far I haven't needed it (no coil failures on the 06 yet).

The 2007 is the most reliable.

If you're going to expand the selection to the S-type, then that went until the 2008 model year. Jaguar used two different V6s, two different V8s, one diesel (V6), a manual transmission, or two different automatics.
I don't know what the most reliable combination was.

Typical Mark guy....closed minded fukcer. They think they get rich by spending $2 to make $1.

id buy an ls if all you retards would stop paying way to much money for them and keeping the prices up. Once the prices are reasonable Id buy one.

I love coming over here and stirring up trouble. You guys get so defensive lol.

lol??

Newer model vehicles cost more money....its common sense.

And you can find many LS's for a very good price.

id buy an ls if all you retards would stop paying way to much money for them and keeping the prices up. Once the prices are reasonable Id buy one.

I love coming over here and stirring up trouble. You guys get so defensive lol.

I am not getting defensive at all, I just don't like stupid people. Sometimes it's better to keep quiet, if don't have a clue about something.
I respect the passion you have for Marks and I don't have any problems with that.
You come here and tell LSs aren't reliable, meanwhile you own a car that likes to break down every five days. I used to have a Mark viii and know more about them, than you ever will. I know exactly what their capabilites are and they are not half as reliable as the LSs are. And that's a fact. Besides the reliablity, the LS rides nicer, handles better, got more balls than a Mark, and is more fun to drive.
Forgot to mention it is also more of a man's car.

For some reason, my son wants an LS like mine. I have an '03 V8 Sport. Have had lots of coils replaced, complete A/C pump and manifold, and now have constant fan running issues without any overheating.

If he were to buy an LS, is there a year and model (V6, V8) that has fewer mechanical issues?

Thanks guys.

I would go with 06. To be honest, it doesn't matter that much, I think it really comes down to finding the right vehicle. It is very time consuming, but it's worth it. Good luck with the search.

If you're going to expand the selection to the S-type, then that went until the 2008 model year. Jaguar used two different V6s, two different V8s, one diesel (V6), a manual transmission, or two different automatics.
I don't know what the most reliable combination was.

No, I was joking - the LS that doesn't exist is the most reliable. :p

got more balls than a Mark

except for the fact that there are a lot more high HP marks than there are LS's, what do we have now, one guy with a blower, since all the turbo guys either sold or blew up!

i would take a 4.6 over a 3.9 every day of the week!

Members online

Back