Which remote start?

L_King

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Was looking at around at remote starters and man I was surprised at the cost. I was being told a good 500 bucks all said and done.

My question to you all is which remote start system do you have, approximate cost, and what you think of it.

I would love the viper system that works with my iPhone but its over 600 all together.

Thanks

Love the viper that works with the iPhone. I don't carry my keys I always have used the key pad and leave the keys in the car. So the viper is great because you can just take out your phone and start it right up from a mile a away or a country away. Also locks/unlocks. Well worth The extra 100 over the others to me. IMO. Lol.

I have run Compustar's for the last 13 years and installed them for 8. I have installed them all, and have never seen anything that comes close in features and reliability. They also carry an awesome lifetime, no questions asked warranty on the systems and 1 year on the remotes.

I always use the 2 way 900mhz paging systems, but am also a fan of the 1 way 900's as well.

I ALMOST made the switch to viper this year for the Smartstart system, but in looking at the brain and wiring, decided to stick with what I know and like, plus the Viper's regular remotes feel extremely cheap. Compustar has a version of cell phone enabled use too, but has only been out a year, so I would wait for them to sort the bugs out, just has Viper/DEI has had to do.

I also used to install UltraStarts, which were a good cheaper system as well.

I would avoid anything like AudioVox, Prestige, Bulldog, etc.

i have a viper 5701, probably would have cost about $800ish if i would have had to take it somewhere with all the options ive got set up,

with all the brands ive worked with over the years, directed products (viper) are by far the most reliable and best working, compustar is not too bad and has some neat features, but other than that, i wont do anything else.

compustars version of smart start is also cheaper (the drone) and if you get their EXgo add on kit, it will automatically unlock the door as you get close enough with the keys (note that it will not lock the doors like vipers new add on will)

I would love the viper system that works with my iPhone but its over 600 all together.
should be much less than that, for instance, if you look at best buy (for example) the VSS3000 is $300 with basic install, add on $130 for the bypass and install, $20-30 for 2-3 extra relays and $35 for factory alarm intergration and you still under $500

the VSS3000 doesn't come with any extra remotes as it doesn't even have an antenna and only has the phone system, or you can up grade to the Vss4000 for an extra $100 just to have one real remote.

or you can go with a more basic viper 4103 one way system for under $400, and while it doesn't have as many features, it is still a very good basic system.

or if you really want a good deal
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/CompuSt...kuId=9999195100050001&st=compustar&lp=19&cp=1
there should only be about $50 in extra stuff needed for our cars

i will also add, the best feature of compustars is their upgrade ability, there is only two main systems, with alarm or with out. every thing else is an option.

if yo want to, you can start with the most basic cheap remotes, and at any time, up grade to any other remote system, longer range, two way, LCD screen, or smartphone.

ok, I'll stop with the radio adds... lol

Can't beat the Best Buy install. Make an appt. Window shop 4 awhile, drive home! Only exspensive if you buy parts to upgrade the eight computers you have @ home! Memory/video cards etc.

Members online

No members online now.
Back