Which One to buy

jj86gn

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Need help. Was looking for a Mark VII, can't find on in good condition. Now I'm look at either a 1997-99 Seville, Deville, or Town Car. Now I heard that the NorthStar engine burn oil like crazy. On the other hand I heard that the Town Cars blow their plastic manifolds. Which one would be the better bang for the buck and why would you recommend it?

jj86gn said:
Hey all,

Need help. Was looking for a Mark VII, can't find on in good condition. Now I'm look at either a 1997-99 Seville, Deville, or Town Car. Now I heard that the NorthStar engine burn oil like crazy. On the other hand I heard that the Town Cars blow their plastic manifolds. Which one would be the better bang for the buck and why would you recommend it?
I don't think think the cadillacs are that bad at burning oil but from the cadillacs,definitly buy the seville over the deville. The town car would be the most reliable. The intake maniflod has a recall on it so they will replace that for free. It depends what you want. What are you going to be using this car as?

Daily driver back and forth from work. Maybe taking a long road trip to see the in-laws in New Hampshire. Had to sell my 99 Tahoe before I was deployed to Iraq. I really want a Suburban, but figured I wait until the gas prices came down. I did own a 89 TC SIG series and loved it but had to sell it. Too many cars and the wife said it went or my Buick Grand National. Sorry but the TC lost.

all these cars are good. I would suggest that you drive each car to see which one you like the best.

lincoln has the better ride but i think the caddy is a better choice for the long haul,i hade a deville with 280k and used 1 quart between oil changes.but i own both,so its up to you

Members online

No members online now.
Back