Which LS...V6 or V8 ?

Fla02LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2002 LS with the V6. I see people post mods about their car and dont know if they are talking about the V6 or V8 ? Is the V6 model pretty much useless to try to modify ? I guess i can brag about better MPG, but the 3.0 V6 just doesnt impress me. I also have a '01 Intrepid ES with a 3.2 V6 w/autostick and that car will pull harder than the LS, and its FWD. I am thinking about the kkm intake to produce a little more umph and better sound, but i'd say the V6 is just an average daily driver. If anyone has a V6 LS that is worth a sh1t, let me know.

You can do the same mods, intake, exhaust, sct flasher, rims, etc. Only the supercharger is behind for the V6. When Quik gets his working, the V6 might be seeing one.

Fla02LS said:
I just bought a 2002 LS with the V6. I see people post mods about their car and dont know if they are talking about the V6 or V8 ? Is the V6 model pretty much useless to try to modify ? I guess i can brag about better MPG, but the 3.0 V6 just doesnt impress me. I also have a '01 Intrepid ES with a 3.2 V6 w/autostick and that car will pull harder than the LS, and its FWD. I am thinking about the kkm intake to produce a little more umph and better sound, but i'd say the V6 is just an average daily driver. If anyone has a V6 LS that is worth a sh1t, let me know.

First off, what's the differnce if its FWD or RWD. Horsepower is horsepower no matter which wheels they are coming from. I think that sometimes people forget that this is a lincoln with a very small motor. Most large V6's these days can put out the HP of the LS's V8.
You can buy a few things to squeeze the most out of your V6:
1. CAT-back exhuast
2. KKM w/intake tube
3. SCT flasher
Whats that intrepid run in the 1/4 mile? My guess near 17 secs. Don't let the torque steer fool you man.

01lssport said:
First off, what's the differnce if its FWD or RWD. Horsepower is horsepower no matter which wheels they are coming from. I think that sometimes people forget that this is a lincoln with a very small motor. Most large V6's these days can put out the HP of the LS's V8.
You can buy a few things to squeeze the most out of your V6:
1. CAT-back exhuast
2. KKM w/intake tube
3. SCT flasher
Whats that intrepid run in the 1/4 mile? My guess near 17 secs. Don't let the torque steer fool you man.
My 2001 Intrepid ES has just a CAI, runs 16.400 @ 85 mph in the 1/4 mile. So with a stock Intrepid you are very close. But the Intrepid is a huge car, so its 3.2 all aluminum V6 does a pretty good job. By mentioning FWD I just meant a huge car with not nearly the weight ratio of the LS. I think the advancetrac in the LS keeps it from a quick jump off the line, it is next to impossible to spin the wheels with the V6. What are the 0-60 & 1/4 figures for the V6 LS ? I still think the Intrepid would hold its own or beat my LS.

the v8 has a hard time spinning tires off the line (at least my 03 does...maybe the electronic throttle control)...in my history fwd is much easier to spin the tires due to the front "lifting" as the weight transfers to the back on acceleration. my grand caravan could win a burnout contest against my ls v8 anyday. however, rwd has what we call power braking....lots of fun there. also lots better rubber on most ls's vs. intrepids.

Fla02LS said:
My 2001 Intrepid ES has just a CAI, runs 16.400 @ 85 mph in the 1/4 mile. So with a stock Intrepid you are very close. But the Intrepid is a huge car, so its 3.2 all aluminum V6 does a pretty good job. By mentioning FWD I just meant a huge car with not nearly the weight ratio of the LS. I think the advancetrac in the LS keeps it from a quick jump off the line, it is next to impossible to spin the wheels with the V6. What are the 0-60 & 1/4 figures for the V6 LS ? I still think the Intrepid would hold its own or beat my LS.

My Ls V6 weighs almost 5k. Like a fat kid fit short legs. slow to start but watch out when he get going.
I think I remeber seeing comething about the R/T running 16.2.
You knocked off 4/10 of a sec with a CIA, very good.

01lssport said:
My Ls V6 weighs almost 5k. Like a fat kid fit short legs. slow to start but watch out when he get going.
I think I remeber seeing comething about the R/T running 16.2.
You knocked off 4/10 of a sec with a CIA, very good.

It weighs what? Man, where did you get an armored LS? Lincolnlov

Thats what i'm sayin. WTF. The LS has a curb weight of 3734 lbs. The Intrepid has a curb weight of 3522 lbs. Thats alot of fat kids piled in there.

Fla02LS said:
Thats what i'm sayin. WTF. The LS has a curb weight of 3734 lbs. The Intrepid has a curb weight of 3522 lbs. Thats alot of fat kids piled in there.

Sorry, a fat finger on a fat kid. 4k.

I have a LS V6 sport 01, it's ok, not fast off the line, I barely pass my friends 86 Mercedes 420sel, but after 50mph its getting better. I am thinking of getting a 3.58 gears and the pcm flasher. I have a intake with a steel tube from LLSOC, made a real difference, but I took it off for some time (got tired of the sound), probably will put it back on soon.

HyeLifeLS said:
I have a LS V6 sport 01, it's ok, not fast off the line, I barely pass my friends 86 Mercedes 420sel, but after 50mph its getting better. I am thinking of getting a 3.58 gears and the pcm flasher. I have a intake with a steel tube from LLSOC, made a real difference, but I took it off for some time (got tired of the sound), probably will put it back on soon.

You already have a 3.58 rear end. Unless you have the manual, then you have a 3.07 rear.

Members online

No members online now.
Back