Where to buy alternator?

stink 'N linc 'N

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Im looking to get a new 96 cobra alt, where would be best? I live in windsor acrross the river from Detroit not too worried about shipping. thanks

Um... Ford. Sorry, but been proven time and time again that for a direct replacement only a Ford rebuilt will work well. Ford NEW is better. I am sure the specialty shops are fine too. But if you pick up a knock-off brand rebuild or new, good luck!

Yeah, OEM only. I have an AZ part (didnt have choice at time) and it dont charge nearly as well as the OEM one did and its prone to heat soak then it dont charge at idle.

Yeah, OEM only. I have an AZ part (didnt have choice at time) and it dont charge nearly as well as the OEM one did and its prone to heat soak then it dont charge at idle.

I have exactly what you have now. I'm surprised it has went this long. I'm on my 2nd one. I'm going to O'Reilly's and ordering the OEM Motorcraft reman and when the AZ does crap out, get my money back. It takes 2 days or less for them to get the alternator in but it is direct from Ford. They just don't keep them in stock or not where I live anyway. I bought one for the 94 and shortly after, it burned with the car.

Call max at 5 star ford.
-------------------->

He gives member discounts......plus hes a cool dude!

I don't think you can buy new ones anymore from Ford, just remans. I'd double check that...

These are not the easiest alternators to rebuild...

Try to avoid any auto part store. Two years ago my original alternator went out. I had to go to pepboys. At least at pepboys it has a lifetime warranty, but in those 2 years I already went through 3 pepboys alternators.

Yep, lifetime warranty= a lifetime replacing alternators.
I think Max said he has only one return.
Ever.
Max sells remans.....but they work.

Members online

No members online now.
Back