Where is Transmission dipstick in Gen 2 Mark VIII

BodyByAAS

Banned
Reaction score
I cant find it for the life of me find it!! Yesterday I was driving and it didnt shift until jsut over 6k - after which a smell came in thru my vent... like, hot engine or something like a garage would smell like. I popped the hood and engine was good, running a little hot, temp gauge said it was fine but the fan was cranked and I am in miami so its 100 degrees anyways.

Im thinking I need tranny fluid, and maybe some was burning when I redlined... any idea where the dipstick is?

RH rear of the engine compartment. If you smelled burnt trans fluid, the trans is already toast.

RH rear of the engine compartment. If you smelled burnt trans fluid, the trans is already toast.

The tranny shifts fine - but I wanted to check fluid anyways. Its smooth as can be.

I dont know what I smelled actually, maybe just from running the car hard - it was overwhelming, was actually pretty faint, and after I got home and sniffed under the hood I didnt notice it - Car run fine, no weird noises (minus the loud fan) no drips, smoke, etc... Not sure what it was

Prolly have a leak and when you hit 6k it sprayed a little fluid on the exhaust and burned off right away.
The dipstick is buried down around the accumulator on the passenger side near the fire wall. If you check your fluid and it has a brownish tinge or smells a little burnt then start saving for a new trans cause its only a matter of time before it goes South. :(

Prolly have a leak and when you hit 6k it sprayed a little fluid on the exhaust and burned off right away.
The dipstick is buried down around the accumulator on the passenger side near the fire wall. If you check your fluid and it has a brownish tinge or smells a little burnt then start saving for a new trans cause its only a matter of time before it goes South. :(

Wonderful :(

Im hoping its not the case.. when I get home Ill go digging in the daylight since even tho Im not an expert I can atleast figure that stuff out - its the electronics that drive me nuts!!

the dipstick is at the back of the pass side cylinder head, its hard to see but if you look you'll see it.

your wheels are on backwards

hey, your car is on the wheels backwards, turn the whole car around and you should be fine

Hey, I donno if anyone else noticed this... but YOUR WHEELS ARE ON BACKWARDS!

Makes the car go slower...

I know I'm late to the convo, and the main point has been adressed, but I felt I should point out that your wheels are on backwards.

Please rotate your wheels from one side to the other before you drive these guys insane. Everyone on this site despises backwards wheels, just in case you haven't noticed. :p

Members online

No members online now.
Back