Where is the Keyless Entry code located on [2003] 2004 Lincoln Ls?

Elemino

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is any truth / accuracy to this? I know some say that its not on the car, but has anyone checked for this? I went to look for it today on my '03 without success... of course I didn't pull everything apart, and my phone went dead before I could go back and read the description.

Answer Given:

Open the right/rear door. Gently pull the on-body weatherstrip slightly away from the body at the rear side of the door opening. Fold and lock the right/rear seat back down into the locked position. Carefully pull the trim panel that houses the seat belt height adjuster and anchor pivot off of the body. Now carefully pull the lower trim panel from the inside outward far enough to expose the VSM (Vehicle Security Module). This module has three electrical connectors plugged into it, coloured green, grey and blue. On the module is a label bearing a number similar to 4L2T-15K602-EA. On the same label will be FIVE large numbers. Those five numbers are your five digit keyless entry keypad code. Hope this helps.

Source: Answers.com

There isn't one on the ls. If you dont have the card with the code found in the back of the owner's manual, you have to take it to the dealer to get the code read.

I must say this is quite the humorous/funny scavenger hunt. Has anyone actually completed it without success? (I assume so).

There isn't one on the ls. If you dont have the card with the code found in the back of the owner's manual, you have to take it to the dealer to get the code read.
I asked the guy at the parts counter if they could tell me, and he said if you don't have the card you're SOL... The lock smith and everyone else I've talked to said they should be able to tell me... wtf? :shifty:

Edit: What makes it more jacked up is on my 05 Navigator, its on the tailgate AND it had the card!!

The dealer's scan tool should be able to read it.

Anyone have a picture of the card with the code on it? I'd like to know what it looks like

6941d1270227099-new-factory-keypad-code-keycode.jpg

I was told by my dealer ship that its on a sticker on the drivers side rear strut tower, so I pulled out the carpet and of course.......... there was nothing there. So off to the dealer I went, to pull it with their scantool. Cost $45. So worth it. Has saved my ass on more occasions then I can remembers.

I was told by my dealer ship that its on a sticker on the drivers side rear strut tower, so I pulled out the carpet and of course.......... there was nothing there. So off to the dealer I went, to pull it with their scantool. Cost $45. So worth it. Has saved my ass on more occasions then I can remembers.

sweet good to know :D

I've read the number is on the keyless module in the drivers door. I had a buddy read mine with a Ford scan tool. Turns out my card was still in the owners manual. I should have looked through it first!

I've read the number is on the keyless module in the drivers door

not as written ON the the DDM, it is written IN the DDM, thats why it need to be scanned to get it. no one has ever found the code written down anywhere other than the keyless card (for the LS anyway)

not as written ON the the DDM, it is written IN the DDM, thats why it need to be scanned to get it. no one has ever found the code written down anywhere other than the keyless card (for the LS anyway)

+1

This same question comes around every few months with people swearing it is in one place or another, have had members tearing apart door panels, dash, and glove box.

If you don't have the original credit card that came with owners manual you have to get it scanned everything else is :bsflag:

Went to my local dealer today. They told me $80. I feel like slapping ppl when I hear ridiculous quotes like that. I'll try Ford next. There are two near my house.

They're going to charge an hours labor. Every dealer will, unless you have an excellent rapport with the SM (or tech) then they might do it for free.

Yep, that's likely the minimum charge. Now if you used that dealer for normal maintenance, they might pull the code at no charge during an oil change or some other work.

A really good dealer might do it at no charge on the chance that you would appreciate it enough to come back for other work later.

Yup, dealer only.

Elemino, see if the old guy is still at the service desk at David McDavid. He treated me well a couple years ago - they programmed keys and remotes for free (normally a 1hr base charge). I think his office was the very first one. He's was close to retirement, so who knows if he's there. He drives a Thunderbird, so we chatted about the cars for quite a while.
Don't expect special treatment unless they have good reason. I just try to be nice, chat them up, and it usually works out in my favor.

Bringing this thread back from the dead because I was able to read the keypad code on my `05 LS V8 using FORScan 2.3.6 beta (w/ free extended license) and a cheapo OBD reader. Pretty glad not to have to beg/pay the dealer!

Members online

No members online now.
Back