wheels advice needed

Wicked Ace

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Wheel experts I need some definitive answers here. I found a set of refinished Volvo Atlantis (2003-2008 XC90) wheels here locally for a good price. I need to know for sure if they would fit. they are 18" x 7" with 59mm offset, so far no problem. I know the LS as well as these are hub centric but I cannot find information on the center hub diameter for either an LS hub or these Atlantis wheels.

atlantis.jpg

The hub size for the XC90 is slightly bigger. IIRC the LS hub size is 66.7 and the XC was around 72.....HyeLifeLS would know, he actually gave me the hub sizes a few years ago when I was looking.

ls hub is 63.4-6, even 63.9, that I've seen on here.I found most online sources like wheel shops have it at 63.6 though, but since I found a thread where ls4me said 63.34 rings were the tightest fit, I went with those. I emailed a shop and had them make me 63.34 to 67.1 hub centric rings for my xc90 rims, since they dont offer that exact size.

Most volvo rims are 65.1, but xc90, the SUV, is 67.1. I thought the xc90 was also 65.1 so the first rings I bought were 63.4 to 65.1, but they dont fit the xc90 rims. If you need this exact size, let me know, I have no use for them. I paid 100+ shipping for them, I'll give you a good deal.

http://www.ipdusa.com/Wheel-and-Tire-Fitment-Guide-for-19942008-FWDAWD-models/blog-35

http://www.custom-wheels-spinning-rims.com/Lincoln.htm

ls hub is 63.4-6, even 63.9, that I've seen on here.I found most online sources like wheel shops have it at 63.6 though, but since I found a thread where ls4me said 63.34 rings were the tightest fit, I went with those. I emailed a shop and had them make me 63.34 to 67.1 hub centric rings for my xc90 rims, since they dont offer that exact size.

Most volvo rims 65.1, but xc90, the SUV, is 67.1. I thought the xc90 was also 65.1 so the first rings I bought were 63.4 to 65.1, but they dont fit the volvo rims. If you need this exact size, let me know, I have no use for them. I paid 100+ shipping for them, I'll give you a good deal.

http://www.ipdusa.com/Wheel-and-Tire-Fitment-Guide-for-19942008-FWDAWD-models/blog-35

http://www.custom-wheels-spinning-rims.com/Lincoln.htm

I have seen several specs, 63.4 to 63.9, for the LS just as you did and I don't own a micrometer to check them. 63.9 is an oddball size if it really is one as nobody lists it in their pull down menu, 63.4 being common.
I thought I had the Volvo hub ID but now you just threw a monkey wrench into things with the 65.1mm dimension.
Add the cost of the rings and these wheels are not looking so attractive now.
Which wheels did you put on Alax?

Like I said in my previous post, I have 63.4 to 65.1 rings(LS to volvo wheel). They are useless to me now. Ask around for pricing so you see how much they go for. I'll give them to you for 30 shipped, if they are the size you need.

I just measure the both the 63.4 and 63.34 rings I have and they both fit on the ls, I just tried on the 63.34 rings last night too.

I dont have them mounted yet, I'm getting tires for them in a few weeks. They are xc90 wheels, from the v8 sport model, 19x8 46+ mm or 49+mm, I forgot which of the two.

xcwheels2.jpg

DSC09752.jpg

Thanks for the offer and info. I'm off to check the wheels out later this week and I'll measure the ID. I used a conversion chart to get an idea of what to look for in a means I can measure. I'll let you know how I make out.

Hurry the fawk up, alax. Those wheels are gonna look awesome.

I know, I know, I'm long due for tires on them, April 2nd :cool:

I remember when Alax got those... It was like this time last year...

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

lol

I think he has had his springs even longer...

he is so lazy

I got the springs in may, I think, and the wheels in July.

Not lazy, just no time. I shouldn't even be on here right now, have to study!

I'll make my wheel debut soon, hopefully it's worth the wait! lol

I was thinking of waiting to mount them in the end of may, when I get out of school, but I can't wait that long. I sent out the center caps to the painted last week and the new ls center caps came in, taking the new embles off those for the volvo center caps. Oh and I the sebring lugs came in too. See I'm making progress :D

I gotta get some new lugs for my wheels. I've read all the posts about the Sebring lugs vs. Dorman vs. Gorilla vs. something else, and end up not being sure what I need to go after (not trying to thread hi-jack, here).

All this talk about hub-centric rings has got me worried. I didn't even think about that when ordering my wheels. Is this a big deal? I've got my new wheels mounted on new tires and ready to go (once the weather breaks for good), but do I need to make sure that something else is fitting right in regard to the hub?

Wheels are 5x108 (obviously) with a +48mm offset.

hub size? The wheel should sit on the hub so it's all streees isn't on the studs. You might also get a vibration at higher speeds without hub centric rings, you might not.

Crap - guess I'm going to have to check them to see how close or far away they are.

Does adding a hub-centric ring take away or affect the offset? Can anyone post a pic of what the hub-centric ring looks like - especially mounted?

Thanks in advance

no, it just fills the gap between the hub and the wheel. Take the center cap off your stock wheel while it's on the ls and you'll see what I mean.

In my case, the hub size on the volvo xc90 is 3.7mm larger than the ls hub, so I need a 3.7mm thick ring to fill this gap. You can't use an ls rim on a volvo xc90 because it wont sit on the hub.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...i=124lmhe6g&sigb=12mlncmvp&.crumb=DV6qeGzmRmb

Thanks Alax! That helped a LOT, and makes perfect sense. I'll be bummed that I'll probably have to order something, but I want it to be right.

Now the challenge will be to find out what size of a ring I'll need.

Thanks again, man (notice to all that I did not use "Chief"). If this keeps up, I may be tempted to replace my LS with an older Mark.

no problem.

Just find out the rim's hub size. Jag rims are same as ls so yo ujust mount and you're done, that's another plus about them.

Members online

Back