wheelguyz.com VERY BAD, wheelsdirectonline.com VERY GOOD

mhinchley

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well wheelguyz.com is a nightmare. I searched their site for my car 1997 Deville. The rims that appeared were plentiful and I picked the ones I liked best. Was looking for black wheels. The ICW 25 Jet looked to be a good looking wheel. I called them up and in order to be sure they were correct for my car and there would be no issues since I was going to 18". I was told they were and assured "by experience" they would definately work......so I went ahead and ordered them. They also told me they would ship out in 4 days or less. I overnighted them a M/O on 3/31/06. Their website says that you will receive a confirmation email upon receipt. Guess what? I never received one. So, I called after 7 days and got transferred from one person to another.......and then to an answering machine. This happened no less then 5 times, before one of them actually sent me the conformation. When I read the conformation, I was in shock. The bolt pattern was a 114.3 (which mine is a 115.0) and the tires were Nankang 225/40/18 which are over 1.5" shorter then stock and not adequate for an 18" wheel on a Caddy. Well I called and got bounce to person to person to answering machine repeatedly again. I left several messages. No call back. I emailed several times........no replies. Then finall I sent a crappy email and guess what? I got a response, but only asking me not to use that language with them, yet still no answers to my problems, yet asking me to call to resolve my problems. Well I did AGAIN, and when I finally got someone to talk to me, they said they were sending "special" lug nuts that would make the 114.3 work on my 115.0. When I said that was unacceptable, I was transferred to an answering machine.........AGAIN!! This is on April 7th. I email a couple of times telling them that if they can get the correct rims to ship them, otherwise I will refuse the order as I was duped, and asking them to call me to straighten out. Never called, never responded in email. Finally I had it. I emailed them on April 11th and told them any wheels they sent would be refused, because (A) They said they would ship the rims out within 3 days, which obviously they did not ( They were trying to send an incorrect bolt pattern rim with 'special' lug nuts without informing me of that © Their customer service is God awful. (D) They are trying to sell a package for this car that is unsafe due to the tire size. I told them that if they did not refund my money in full, that I would just see them in court, as I was tired of dealing with them. A couple days later, April 15th by now, a message was left on my phone saying they did not want to do business with a customer like me and they were refunding my money. Yeah, they try to screw me and I am the bad one. Lucky for them, I was not home to answer the phone. But thank God all the same. Anything to just get my money back and be done with them!! At any rate, It is now April 21st and I still do not have my money back. I will get it back one way or another, so I am not all that worried about it. Plus I am going to file a report with the BBB. Which by the way, they already have an unsatisfactory record with them. Too bad I did not check that before I ordered. But they were so customer orientented, UNTIL they got my money, they seemed ok. Once they had my money, everthing changed for the worse.

Now for the good news. I called up wheelsdirectonline.com and spoke with Derek. I told him of my dilemna and he assured me his company was better then that. (ironically they are both in Florida). So I order a set of Enkei J10s through him and overnighted him a check on Monday 4/17. He called me Tuesday 4/18 to recommend I upgrade tires to a 245/45/18 which I did with the Falken Azenis ST115. Low and behold, I wake up Wednesday and the rims/tires are sitting on my porch.......mounted/balanced, etc, and I live in northern Indiana!!! Now that is what I call service. Kudos to him and his company. I highly recommend www.wheelsdirectonline.com to anyone in the market for rims/tires!!!! And speak with Derek. He is awesome.

And stay away from www.wheelguyz.com. They are AWFUL!!!!! And in every sense of the word!

Anyway, you can see the rims on the car at: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/south...tos.yahoo.com/ph/southbend_stud1972/my_photos

Members online

No members online now.
Back