Wheel swap

rayner601

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have gone to the local Ford dealer and researched the newer evtm for a town car. I am wanting to swap the wheel and airbag out to a 99+ with woodgrain and eatc/radio controls on the wheel. I know I will have to have a different clockspring (got that one figured out) and an eatc module (think I have that figured out as well). The t/c airbag will work with a gen2 mark airbag module (got a mark airbag, a town car module, crash sensors, and pass airbag. Tripped the sensors and it worked perfectly. I did a stupid mistake and didn't make note of the steering wheel hub on the t/c wheel and the shaft on the m8 column. Does anyone know if they are the same or are they different. Sorry for the long post. I likes to talk :)

They are not the same. Gen 2 marks have splined steering shaft, and the TC has a slotted one (simular to a gen 1, but not exactly the same.)

You would be MUCH better off using a steering wheel from a Collectors Edition Mark VIII. It will be a direct swap in your Gen 2.

When I swapped my Wheel in my 96 we tried to press out the center of the steering wheel and press in the correct one, but we didnt have to much luck.

This sounds like alot of work, prepare youself to figure things out on your own because it has never been done here before.

If you go to CrownVic.net and contact Derek, username Drock96Marquis He will be able to answer most of your questions.

Members online

Back