Wheel question

in a word, yes.

fronts look fine.
+36 on a 9" seems preferable on these cars. your +35 is obviously very close to that.
approx 3 inches of front spacing and 6 inches of backspacing. the front can accommodate around 6.5" of back spacing. that math is fine, and you wouldn't be the first to run 9s up front.

rears probably. the math looks good.
rear max back spacing is approx 7.5". those wheels have approx 7" of back spacing and 3.5" front spacing. it will sit a little close to the outer fender but i expect nothing a fender trim/roll couldn't fix. 20s are large enough to clear the park brake, sway bar, LCA, and things like that as well.

what size tire do you plan to run on these wheels??

reference:
http://www.lincolnsofdistinction.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=223979&postcount=5

I have 18" bullets on the car now with brand new nitro invo tires.
I saw these on another board and kinda liked them.

IMG_0484.jpg

097.jpg

I also found these and the title said 20" saleen speedstars, I got excited for a moment and the realized it was the new style.
Either set would require a hub swap, I don't know that I would go 20's anyway.

attachment-16.jpg

I only put about 100 miles on them but I like them much better than the cooper zeons I had before.
Better grip and the road noise is less.
They are non directional so they can be rotated side to side which is nice for my staggered set.

I also found a set of Godspeed's which I've been looking for. They are also 20's but would prefer 18's.
The owner hasn't responded on the offset yet.
I like my set up but if I fell into a set of these I wouldn't be mad about it. :)

courtesy_cruizinconcepts_lg.jpg

+36 on a 9" seems preferable on these cars. your +35 is obviously very close to that.
approx 3 inches of front spacing and 6 inches of backspacing. the front can accommodate around 6.5" of back spacing. that math is fine, and you wouldn't be the first to run 9s up front.

rears probably. the math looks good.
rear max back spacing is approx 7.5". those wheels have approx 7" of back spacing and 3.5" front spacing. it will sit a little close to the outer fender but i expect nothing a fender trim/roll couldn't fix. 20s are large enough to clear the park brake, sway bar, LCA, and things like that as well.

You're forgetting the actual wheel width is 10" for a 9" wheel, and 11.5" for a 10.5" wheel. :cool:

The front wheels will be fine, the rears don't have enough offset for a 10.5 wheel.
You need more like 50mm to clear the 1/4 lips properly, even with a fender roll or trim as they have almost 4" of front space,
which is little more than the 03 Cobra wheels (which stick out more than they should in stock form). ;)
So essentially a 10" wheel is a preferred width for the rear, especially from what's available in pre-made form.
Otherwise, you will have to choose a wheel with good front space, and get the backspace widened exactly to where you want it.

Concepts look great. Don't be affraid of 19/20 combo, especially with that big mouth front bumper of yours :D

I like the concepts, if they would fit I would be tempted to pull the trigger.

Members online

No members online now.
Back