Whats your favorite Car Wax

I have used so many but for a quick wax I use meguiars ultimate quik wax, as for a more complicated one I use meguiars gold class carnuba liquid wax

IMG_20140510_132104.jpg

Those special waxes are nice, but I always keep a jar of plain old Tuttle Wax on hand in the garage.

I like meguiars tech wax 2.0. It's about 20 bucks but it saves a lot of time. You just rub it over the whole car, leave it for 15 minutes then just wipe it off. Comes off easy!

For polishing: turtle wax polishing compound is great with a buffer. It's a very gentle polish, like 3000 grit. With a buffer you use the turtle wax polish liberally and just kiss the whole car with the buffer and it gives a beautiful swirl free shine.

If the finish needs a lot of rejuvenation meguiars ultimate compound is great stuff! Works fast with a buffer and gives impressive results by hand also.

I like Meguiars Deep Crystal, it does a good job. I have been wanting to try the Tech Wax 2.0 for awhile now. Gonna pick this up soon for the car.

Collinite 845. Easy to apply and no white crap on your trims that you have to worry about.

+1 on collinite. Good stuff right there

Meguiars carnauba wax, and if I'm getting particularly technical, 3M hand glaze as well. I use a lot of that Meguiars Quik Detailer in between as well, love that stuff.

I've been using Meguiars products for many years. Got some gold class carnauba and was amazed. Told a member about it and he was also amazed. My neighbor came over and asked what I did to my cars, they all looked like glass. Best I've ever used.

I detail cars on the side, and have for over 25 years now. During that time, I have used a lot of wax, but my favorites (in no particular order) are:

1. Collinite 845 -- I've been using this for over 15 years now, and absolutely love it. VERY easy to use.
2. Meguiar's Ultimate Paste wax -- really a great LSP, especially if you have prepped the surface with Meguiar's Ultimate Compound followed by Meguiar's Ultimate Polish.
3. Poorboy's products, especially EX-P, since I can use it directly in the sun.
4. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 -- this gives an amazing look to all different colors of paint

As with anything, the preparation that happens before the wax is applied is the key. The better the prep, the better the results.

Members online

No members online now.
Back