Whats up with the sqeeking

my1stmarkVII

LVC Member
Reaction score
:confused: It's a long story, I bought this 86 markvII for $700.00 2 years ago. It had a bad air bag on the passeger side on would not inflate at start like it should. I am not a mechanic and knew nothing about lincolns or the 302 that was in my car. Any way I got the car and bought the coil spring set from Arnott.inc, nice stuff. I paid a mechanic to install the parts and disconnect all the stock hardware etc. I even bought new shocks all around (as recomended by arnott). New tires wich is another story in itself. New rims and an alignment. Every thing was good for about 6 months. My problem is that the car sqeeks and makes a lot of road noise while driving. Not really at high speed but while driving slow even on smooth roads. It sqeeks on lefts and on rights. I couldnt find anything to lube up? I love this car. Help.

You're going to have to pinpoint the noise better than that. It's most likely bushings or ball joints, though.

The noise comes from the front end for sure, but when I push down on the fender nothing, so I dont think its the shocks, when I converted over to the springs would this put extra pressure on the ball joints and bushings?

my1stmarkVII said:
The noise comes from the front end for sure, but when I push down on the fender nothing, so I dont think its the shocks, when I converted over to the springs would this put extra pressure on the ball joints and bushings?
I vote ball joints and they ~do~ have a grease fitting on the bottom under the steel clip.

Removing the air springs can cause ALL of the symtoms you've mentioned above, but you can read about that in another thread.

Either that (above) or the spring(s) have moved and are not sitting in the base correctly. However, highly unlikely given the amount of time has past.Or the paint/powder coat wore off the base of the spring and you have metal to metal contact as the spring slips back into/out of place.

Members online

No members online now.
Back