Whats the lifespan of the stock 4.6

inurok

LVC Member
Reaction score
I sold my 2006 LS and bought a 2007 towncar executive L. Super high miles on it 455K is there anything I should be concerned about ? Runs and drives fine but engine sound makes me think I have a exhaust manifold leak.thx

Paid $1800 for it sigh...

Last edited:
Timing chain tensioners
Inspect main bearings
The coolant hose in the valley
If the car is nice just buy a spare low mile motor.

well its at 458500 now runs okay except for charge light still coming on off. I changed the harness seems like pulling the harness off the connector and back on fixes alleviates it for a little bit. How can I tell if its the original engine? I see it has the fins on the valve covers and I thought 2007 up were smooth? Is it common to get over 500 thousand miles on the original engine. No cel lights or smoking but should I bee concerned?

Most people don’t drive enough to get to that mileage, but yeah they will last if you put the miles on.

I believe there is a barcode on the driver side cam cover. Cross check that with the vin # with the dealer or so. I've seen these engines go over 1 million miles. Just use preventative maintenance, oil changes, fluid changes, and filters. Some do burn oil, but that is from not changing it, along with the valve stem seals needing changed. That's common on higher mileage.

Members online

Back