What's the culprit? Front suspension..

Myco

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just replaced upper/lower and end links on both sides in the front. Still get a rattle when going over bumps (in the front).

Think the sway bar links are just old and need replacing? They are tight (as I checked them) but maybe worn out? I also checked to make sure everything was tight on both sides. Any ideas?

Do you have Arnott springs up front?

^This^

It's very common for Arnott air shocks to develop a rattle.

Aside from that, I've heard that the end links could also cause a rattle that is hard to find unless you actually pull them off the car.

Check the Sway Bar bushings where it mounts to the frame.

These rascals: k8757.jpg

k8757.jpg

I have tokico's up front and checked the bolts on the sway bar bushings. The sway bar end links are tight as hell and brand new ( and lubed ).

I'm stumped. Maybe I need to check those sway bar bushings a bit more carefully.

If its the bushings you should be able to feel movement and close as you can get to them, probably right next to the subframe. Also check for dry rot on the bushings. Could almost guarentee it wouldnt be the bolts.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

I had a rattle in my gen 2 front end that annoyed the hell out of me and it turned out to be the ride height sensor had come loose at the bottom. I don't have the air springs anymore so it's not being used.

Has anyone taken apart a arnott shock to see what rattles? My 95 has 2 year old arnott rattlers. I'm concerned with safety. I'll be changing them and I will cut the pos air springs open. Thanks TONYyyy

probably its the internal upper shock mount that wears out. then the shock rattles.

Members online

Back