What's the best method to remount studs onto neon housing?

Scallywag

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys!!! After searching and not finding an answer do I come from out the shadows in need of help with the neon light mounting studs.

So, this past weekend I found the neon light hanging from the trunk to the WF by only 1 stud while the other studs were still in place within the trunk & fastened onto the housing mounts that were compromised. I'll amount this to a hater yanking on the light or maybe I'm closing the trunk too hard and the plastic gave way.

However, I doubt the latter because when closing the trunk lid I often like to "bounce" it gently thanks to the ultra lightweight Glitch ballast which allows the lid to spring up faster than with the heavier OEM ballast.

In any event, I have 3M double sided tape that holds the bottom just fine but is useless on the upper half as the housing pulls away from the trunk leaving a sizeable gap. Hence the need for remounting the studs as I don't want to spend money on a housing that'll likely need repainting to WF when I'm about to buy 2 more ballasts from Glitch's wife, or from Neon Steve, for the WF & K4 as well.

So what would be the best way to remount the mounting studs back onto the housing, if at all possible?

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Spanks!!!

I have had great results using this UV glue on plastic stuff. It is a liquid plastic. I use BONDIC, that I get from GROMET.com. I got some from HD for $5 and it's not as good. I reform the attachment parts on headlight assy's. I just fixed some 10 spoke center caps. I always drill little holes into what I'm fixing so it has something to grab onto. It doesn't stick to smooth stuff well. 15 min after I built up a housing, I drilled and tapped it. GROMET has some videos, that show you how to use it.
Bondix hdlt fix.jpg
broken center caps  fixed.jpg

Glue a little weight near ballast. Stick on tire weights work well. 2 sided tape ok, but 2 sided foam tape real real good

Not sure if Auto Goop is sold in the States, but if so, it works great and bonds almost anything.

Members online

No members online now.
Back