Whats a 97 Mark 8 parts car worth

1995towncar

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I was with a buddy a week ago and driving by in a guys front yard under a pine tree was a black 97 ish (the last body style) and it was sittin low... been there a while... complete tinted windows... i turned around... went back by. No cars were there so i passed it up. Just rememberd it today.....

Didnt know if it was worth me going back. problably got a major problem with it.. motor trans or something. But body parts and interior.....

Might just be that the air ride is bad. I would talk to the guy and find out.

Do u know how much he wants... i'd buy an assload of parts off you if it were a 97... i can think of like 300 bucks worth of junk right now id buy.. how much is the car tho cuz i think id buy it if u dont want it

Hmm If's It Acar Just Outta Comission Ahh Ur Outta Luck The Owner May Say It Not For Sale. Or If It's Really Gonna Be Sold As A Parts Car And Has Low Miles,and The Body N Interi Is Good The Owner May Say Over 2500 Up To 4g's. If You Get Less Than That..grab It!not Many Of Them Just Layin Around Under A Pine Tree.. Good Luck

P.s Just Outta Curiousity...how Did It Look?me If/or When I Find A Goodie..i Always Have My Digicam With Me..so I Can Go Back N Reveiw & Remeber What It Looks Like Before Going Back N Makin An Offer.it Helps In Situations Like Urs

I'll save you some time... I tried to buy the car, it's a 98LSC loaded black on black... 175,000 miles, air ride is shot(he drove the car bottomed out like that for a week), hole in the oil pan, the whole bit. It's nothing but a parts car and he wants $1,000 for it. The passenger side door has a big dent in it, and almost every panel on the car has paint problems, I didn't bother.

ooohh, thats sound abit too much to play around with especailly, the miles.
just outta curiosity...did the owner have any repairs done to it and have receipts for all repairs..
i think 1k is askin a bit much..just the air ride alone is close to that to repair

does anyone have pic of it...(i doubt it someone does but u never know...)

LSCGODDESS98 said:
ooohh, thats sound abit too much to play around with especailly, the miles.
just outta curiosity...did the owner have any repairs done to it and have receipts for all repairs..
i think 1k is askin a bit much..just the air ride alone is close to that to repair

does anyone have pic of it...(i doubt it someone does but u never know...)

Yea thats why I shied away from it. I don't know if he had any receipts, but the guy has had nothing but Lincoln Mark's for a long time. It seemed this one gave him the most trouble. Before I knew how many miles were on it and about the hole in the pan, I was gunna buy it, throw coil springs in it, and give it a paint job. Then, when he told me $1,000 I just turned it down. I would probably give him $300-500 for it, but he wants way too much for what the car is.

Come back with $500 cash, good chance he will take it. Those Gen II parts should still bring a good amount of money on the market.

scott9050 said:
Come back with $500 cash, good chance he will take it. Those Gen II parts should still bring a good amount of money on the market.

they sure are...some of the parts are obsolete. example rear bumper cover !!!frnt im not exactly sure of but i can imagine if so.. i was lucky to find 2 NEW FACTORY ones in the country.other than that..you gonna find recon's for body part like those and still whind up payin and arm n a leg for a recon.

Black.... must be the same car.... in Wilimington... had tree :q:q:q:q caked all over it.... lol..

When did you go buy and ask?

That guys crazy...

yea... thats it...

i was hoping it was a litte old lady that had it and shed tell me... i can have it for $500... and it had 50k miles on it.

Too bad.

Naw.... Got one. 1990 Cadillac Brougham.... No rust.... dual exhaust... new white top. elderly owned and driven, 84k.

MyBrougham.gif

scott9050 said:

I agree, depending on interior and other parts you could pull in a couple grand just on parts.

yea you can get atleast 150 each for door mirrors on that car.. and the console will get another 150-200 thats almost half your money back right there..

anyone have a number or adress? ill part it out if no one else wants it.. if this is alright with everyone??? I need some parts for my gen2

Members online

No members online now.
Back