What is it Worth to You?

Markviiiedrea

Speed Bump
Reaction score
To have Gen One headlights re-chromed, not the trim-brite stuff but actually getting the housing reflectors re-plated?

I'd say $250 for the pair
If the lenses were perfect and I was building a gen 1 that I loved I'd probably pay even more.

I have LSC housings but I want better ones, I got a quote to have them redone. Just trying to decide whether or not to pull the trigger.

I'm actually thinking about re-chroming base reflectors and putting an LSC lens on it so I could run a 9005 build without the adapter.......Just brainstorming here.

I might possibly be able to get a deal if I can get several people in on it and get a price break.

what process is used to rechrome the insides? any guarantee it won't burn off in a short period of time?
maybe $200?

The chrome they used on the halogen housings was different and much less durable than the LSC housings..it was less reflective too..the reflector on LSC lenses is like looking into a mirror compared to halogens. Depending how cheap you can find a set of lsc lenses I'd say its worth it to have them rechromed as long as the lenses are still good. I bought and later resold set of lsc housings with destroyed reflectors for $100.

They will burn off as fast as the factory stuff, just a flaw in the design.

given that, I'd say spend exactly $0 on it..what's the point?
does Trim Brite also burn off the same way?
---
I always thought the flaw was based on the chroming material choice...why DO they burn off as such? no heat escape? oddly enough, i found a set of gen 1 headlights with all the chrome on in good to VG condition, immediately installed 4300k's and they are already burning the chrome away...less than 12 months into it...kinda psss'd considering they cost me $180

Members online

No members online now.
Back