What is all this?

tripwire1124

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So i was dyno-matting my car and saw a couple wires coming through the bottom of my steering wheel area. upon further investigation i have found
1 autopage modual of some kind?
2 what appears to be an antenna
3 a meter of some kind?

all of this was less than professionally installed....is this something i can take out or is my car linked to the security on this thing? everrything was just kinda sitting in there and idk how i like riding around knowing i got all this crap behind my dash.....

a few pictures....
IMAG0239.jpg

the little red light on that piece kept blinking in weird patterns....
IMAG0241.jpg

IMAG0240.jpg

so maybe thats why my car had a speaker when i first got it?

that is a an aftermarket security, and possably remote start system. If you car works fine with it in leave it, My friend ripped one out of his old car and :q:q:q:q went hay wire. I don't know what all they tie those into. But I would leave it alone or have a professional disconect it.

After market alarm system now the question is if its active and you have the original remote that come from Ford then when you open the door it should go off with no way of turning it off since you don't have the remote now if its de activated or not working properly then that means that's probably your car is not secure unless you have the aftermarket remote and think is the original.

i never recieved an aftermarket alarm key for it.

i may go into town today and see if i cant get it uninstalled by a professional...i got some of it out and i turned the car on and everything worked, even on my factory ford key fob so idk if it is still active or not.

The blinking light leads me to believe something is still hooked up. It may be active but not set or in "ALARM" mode so thats why the OEM key fob still works

ok yeah that would make sense.
thanks for your guys help...wasnt sure if i was being tracked by the goevernment or something....not that i should be...:shifty:

picture one = main brain of remote start with alarm system
http://mycoolmustang.homestead.com/rs750.html

picture two = dual stage shock sensor
http://www.autopageusa.com/t_inside...5&prodID=129f6b7a-2347-4e1a-a926-a63a5174c694

picture three = two way antenna for system

if it was installed correctly, the system would have the cars starter wire cut (for anti grind, and starter kill to make it harder to hot wire) so you wouldn't be able to just unplug it.

there should also be a bypass module if the remote start portion was ever hooked up, this may be a little black box with a key hidden inside of it.

If this is the case you may want them to order new aftermarket key fobs for you and get the system up and running since it seems you have all the components. It looks like on if those systems with a LCD screen on it. It may cost you the same to get it active instead of removed

well like i said i didnt want to unhook it but now ive got myself into a bigger problem...

i went to put everything back it ( when i pulled it out it appears to be just stuffed in) and i heard a sound like i short something....now my instrument cluster, radio, and memory seat dont do anything when i put in the key and turn it...is there a fuse i need to check? cause ive checked all of the small fuses and non of them had blown....what should i do next? im thinking i blew a pcm or fem fuse?

ok i found out what the problem was. the ignition fuse in the back...number 22 i believe was blown. there goes 5 hours of my day....but i did learn the wiring underneath the dash in the mean time so not all was lost. i learned how to uninstall all that crap to. so the car is back to normal! thanks again for the help guys

good that you got it figured out, did they strip back the wire and/or solder the wires that they tapped into, or did they just use "T" taps?

if its the latter, i would check to make sure that none of them cut through too much of the wire, some wires can almost get cut half way through with those kind of connectors.

Yeah they used the T connectors, and the only wire I had to reconnect back to gather was the grey/black stripe one. Yeah I checked all the connections cause when I disconnected the first one, the wire had actually split so I double checked everything. I was actually surprised how much less wires w3re back there after everything was taken out, being that I'm usually working I'm camaro and such. Seems like those are full of wires. Or maybe Ford just hides them well...

... Ford just hides them well...

It's mostly that. They do a much better job of it under the dash than they used to do. Also, the LS has a lot of networked features, and that greatly reduces the number of wires that run long distances.

another big difference is that older cars had to have a lot of high current wires which were very thick, newer cars may actually have more wires but they are much much thinner, so a harness of 30 wires could look smaller than an old ignition harness with 7 wires or so.

Members online

No members online now.
Back