What does electrical lug go to on right bottom of Wood Trim ring?

turn_on68

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what does electrical lug go to on right bottom of Wood Trim ring around the gear shift on a 97-98? It looks like some kind of ground,but how does it ground in plastic?

It is to prevent radio static. There is wire mesh inside the mold the radio surround was made from.

How does it ground out to the plastic surround. I found mine broken and a black wire there so I crimped a new female slide on and pushed it onto the male spade on the surround. It is a double female I put on because thats all I had but if it truly is a ground I want to add an electrical power socket maybe next to the defroster switch and could certainly use that as a ground point.

How does it ground out to the plastic surround. I found mine broken and a black wire there so I crimped a new female slide on and pushed it onto the male spade on the surround. It is a double female I put on because thats all I had but if it truly is a ground I want to add an electrical power socket maybe next to the defroster switch and could certainly use that as a ground point.

I like double female

Members online

No members online now.
Back