What do you use on the dash?

1wykdmk8

LvC Dues Collector
Reaction score
If you do not like the shiny look that normal protectants give you, you should try (if you have not already) Black Magic's Semi-Gloss Dashboard Protectant. It does not shine the dash up like normal protectants do, so you do not get that reflection on the windshield like normal....give it a try....you might like it.

does it attract dirt like the shiny ones do? thats my major complaint and why I mostly just use a mild dishsoap / water solution

Joeychgo said:
does it attract dirt like the shiny ones do? thats my major complaint and why I mostly just use a mild dishsoap / water solution

That is a good question and point. I just got used to it collecting dirt. I am going to have to check that out. I do not think it does as much.....but I have never really payed any attention.....hmmmmm :N

1995towncar said:
Armor all shines and protects nice!!

And within 3 days, you have a great, new dust/wool interior.

I have to admit, I usually use Meguiars Vinyl Protectant. It does attract a little dust, but when it does, I go over it with just a microfiber cloth, which cleans off the dust and leaves that "just cleaned look". Then just repeat cleaning with the Microfiber cloth as needed. Works great and then you don't have that shiny lookin' interior. And a plus with the microfiber, it attracts dust to it and is great for quick cleaning jobs.

Hope I helped a bit. :confused:

Nothing but Mothers inside and out!!
05316-05330.jpg

I would rather put nothing on my dash if all I had to use was Armorall.
I use Sherwin Williams Vinyle preserver on my dash and it works well.
as dose Mothers and Meguires

mothers is awsomes stuff. but i found this stuff for the seats and dash that is incredible and attracts 0 thats right zero dust. its leather creme condiotners from blue magic and although it looks really gross going in iw works like a charm. as for the rest of my car its mothers mothers mothers. SCREW :soapbox: :q armorall id rather spit on a rag and use it.
eric.

dashboard treatment blues

:L I myself have found McGuiar's leather cleaner and protectant to work very well on my Town Car's dashboard and interior door panels. Unfortunately, Armor-All is not very good to the leather,vinyl,plastic(etc)especially down south and out west because Armor-All is water-based and water causes these materials to have a bad reaction with intense sunlight and causes dash boards to split like a rotted log. McGuiars is also good at repelling dust and cigarette ashes and the like without a blinding gloss. It can be picked-up at any Auto-Zone. :L :waving:

ArmorAll Original cleaner and protectant. Have not used it on my own car yet, but I use it exclusively for my little detailing business. Takes off almost anything off the dash, seats (if leather), and any kind of interior trim. It also puts a real professional looking shiney coat on everything, I've blown away all my customers with it.

i use armoral on my dash n as for the attracting dirt part about once or twice a week i use a swiffer wipe and it takes all the dirt off n u dont even have to use amoral again

I would not use any Armor All product even IF they paid me. They are all water based products, which help in breaking down whatever it is used on.

Members online

Back