What do you guys use?

I use all Meguiars stuff. Check out the NXT line of products they are easy to get , work well and aren't that expensive.

badusername said:
I was wondering what all of you guys use to detail/wax/wash your cars?

Zaino all the way! It's a bit pricier than others, but well worth it!

BigT said:
I use all Meguiars stuff. Check out the NXT line of products they are easy to get , work well and aren't that expensive.

my buddy told me it works very well
im going to try it because its easy to get and not expensive

thanks

I have always used "New Finish" in the orange bottle. It lasts and lasts plus it's easy to get off. I usually use the electric buffer on her after I wipe the wax off. Man does it put a shine on her. It also seems to get rid of alot of the surface scratches. Most all waxes now days are pretty good. Some of them are hell to get off which really makes the whole experience miserable. Look for something that will last so you don't have to keep waxing it all of the time. Everytime you wax you lose some paint.

For the last ten years or so, the only thing that I wash my vehicles with is a damp rag, and wipe it with a dry one.
The reason I can do this is because once every three months, I put a thin coat of wax on them.
They never get dirty enough for soap(which I would never use anyway)
Soap eats the wax and causes streaks.
The only soap I use to use years and years ago was "cascade", the kind you use in the dishwasher.
It removes all the water when you rinse.
The water just slides off the vehicle.
For today, and the future, I will stick with my damp rag, and wipe with a dry one.
The reason my vehicles always look better than new is because I wipe them down everyday.

No offense, But i would never do such a thing to my cars.

Wax is great. Wax keeps everything nice. But it isnt a PROTECT-ALL.

Damp rags only remove the dust and light dirt. And there's no lubrication on the car to keep that dirt from creating Tiny swirl marks on your finish. Ive never had any troble with car soaps streaking, even the super cheap stuff.

If your super worried about streaking i would try meguiars NXT car wash. It sheets water off your car for easier drying and ive never seen it streak! And its a super slick car wash to minimize any scratching.

Nysbadmk8 said:
No offense, But i would never do such a thing to my cars.

Wax is great. Wax keeps everything nice. But it isnt a PROTECT-ALL.

Damp rags only remove the dust and light dirt. And there's no lubrication on the car to keep that dirt from creating Tiny swirl marks on your finish. Ive never had any troble with car soaps streaking, even the super cheap stuff.

If your super worried about streaking i would try meguiars NXT car wash. It sheets water off your car for easier drying and ive never seen it streak! And its a super slick car wash to minimize any scratching.

If you would like to see what daily wiping down with a damp rag as oppossed to using soap does, click on my fotki link at the bottom.
All three look better than new.
Obviously the wax is giving some kind of protection.
These vehicles are never cleaned or wax in the sun.
That is what causes streaks and swirls.
These vehicles have no streaks or swirls, EVER.

Im not going to get into a pissing match, but im pretty sure if you brought your car into my shop and I put it under the 8 400w Mh lights I could find defects from your wash method.

But besides that im just saying I would'nt wash a car with a Wipe down.

Nothing else but the BEST, til they day I die I will never use another product on ANY of my vehicles.

car_wax.jpg

ONEBADMK8 said:
Nothing else but the BEST, til they day I die I will never use another product on ANY of my vehicles.

car_wax.jpg

You make my head hurt geno!

I have something that makes Ibiz look like Turtle wax. I show you in 2 weeks.

Yeah, okie dokie. You sound like my Dad now. LOL! My Dad tried like 3 different things on me when I first found out about Ibiz. We even taped his Marauder down the middle and tried it our, LMAO!! IBIZ KILLS!

Members online

Back