OEM Jaguar brakes. 06+ S-type R (NOT 03-05), various XF/XJ/XK trims/engines. Stock is 11.8/11.3 inch rotors. These are 13.9/12.6". They're nearly bolt-onThose calipers look good. Where'd ya get those? I cant seem to find aftermarket stuff for my ls
Those parts look identical to mine...I need to get mine done before the snow starts to fly...if you have any questions about the rear shock absorbers here's a little help...it's pretty straight forward though ...I slipped them out and the new back in without removing anything else except the Shock absorberThis past weekend, I installed new rear end links and new rear tie rods on my 2003 LS. On paper, a very straight forward project but with New Hampshire rust, this project was MUCH more difficult. The threads on everything were gone and the nuts were pretty much welded to the studs. Heating with a torch was the only thing that worked for me. Once I got the old parts out, the new parts installed quite easily. This project did test my patience. Here's several pics to give you an idea of the condition of the old parts.
View attachment 828572706 View attachment 828572707 View attachment 828572708 View attachment 828572709
All new parts installed now so life is good again. The rear shocks are next on the list.
Keep us posted on the Mevotech LCA and how it holds up ...I really wanted to do this before the snow starts to fly but looks like I'll be pushing it back until spring..Great Job!Hi All,
This past weekend, I continued on with my suspension projects. It's a time and money thing. A couple of weeks ago, I replaced the rear stabilizer bar end links and rear tie rods. This time, I replaced the driver's side lower control arm and both rear shock absorbers. The LCA was making all kinds of nasty squeals and groans. The shocks were so rusted I feared they would snap in half and leave me stranded. Upon removal, I probably left about a half a pound of rust on the ground. They weren't leaking oil but were effectively 100% nonfunctional. All three bushings on the control arm were disintegrating badly. I installed a Mevotech Supreme control arm purchased from Rockauto and KYB Excel-G shocks purchased from Summit Racing. The metal casting of the Mevotech control arm was flawless and each bushing was marked by paint pen with an inspection mark. A good sign. It was a perfect fit when installed. I bought new OEM hardware from Tasca Parts. Each bushing used a different length bolt. I reused the original coil springs as they were in surprisingly good shape. I compressed the springs with a Shankley spring compressor and it worked perfectly and much easier than expected. A highly recommended tool. Although none of the parts I purchased were Motorcraft OEM, I did the best I could with the resources available to me. The car rides smooth and quiet now. Next spring, I'll get a new LCA for the passenger side.
View attachment 828572891
View attachment 828572892
View attachment 828572893
View attachment 828572894
View attachment 828572895
You might want to just to order the Ebay aluminum Degas reservoir and modify it to your liking...Well I decided to fix some issues, like replace water pump, tensioner, pulleys, belt, all new plastic thermostat parts. Fab an aluminum upper rad hose Y pipe, replacing the weak plastic oem one. Full coolant flush and add all new oem recommended motorcarft coolant. The transmission solenoid pack replacement and motorcarft oem recommended fluid and filter, plus gasket. Now she drives and shift like new. Plus front window replace due to a large crack. Hopefully sometime soon I'll find time to make an aluminum degas bottle setup to replace the weak oem bottle.