Went for a new engine got this

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVIP

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
:p picked her up this am and snapped this before she went in the garage so I can get to work on time..lol

IMG_1731.jpg

Kit: http://www.airbagit.com/product-p/fbs-lin-12-kit3.htm

The shop that did the install said it was fairly simple, did do some upgrades to the fittings etc.....

more pics when these arrive next week.

VVS083-gbmf-angle-1.jpg

http://www.vossenwheels.com/wheels/VVS083.aspx

Oh :q:q:q:q.

You actually got bags. How does it ride? How adjustable is it?

Oh :q:q:q:q.

You actually got bags. How does it ride? How adjustable is it?

Yep, though it did get a new motor to..lol

The shop doing the motor swap let the workers from another shop do the install while the whole sub frame was dropped etc and the car was on the life.......

Full range of motion front back side to side, rides smooth I have zero complaints. other then some minor tweaking it needs. I do find the rear to not air down as much as the front does...but not sure if that's the kit or the car.

Thats pushing it.

You dont want to run anything above a 40 series tire. maybe a 35.

Very interesting. Ive done a lot of business with that company and they seem good.

Where did they place the compressor, tank, and gauges? Take some pictures when you can.

Always been a little hesitant on those plug and play kits but theyre compact and thats what the LS needs.

. I do find the rear to not air down as much as the front does...but not sure if that's the kit or the car.

It mostly likely has to do with a limitation due to the car. The differential can only travel a certain amount. After a certain point, modifications would be needed to allow the diff to travel higher into the car.

Thats pushing it.

You dont want to run anything above a 40 series tire. maybe a 35.

I ordered Potenza Pole Positions in a 235-35-19, after looking at some other setups on various cars Im hoping this was a good choice..like said wont know until they are fitted

No sarcasm. Say it like lil jon would lol

:D

Very interesting. Ive done a lot of business with that company and they seem good.

Where did they place the compressor, tank, and gauges? Take some pictures when you can.

Always been a little hesitant on those plug and play kits but theyre compact and thats what the LS needs.

The compressor and tanks are in the trunk, the issue was the battery location and not covering it to get at it without any huge issues....the gauges were a bitch to locate because the interior has little storage room.

The area below the temp controls were the ash tray used to be now olds the gauges, in a crude kinda pod..lol, however this weekend Im going to start the some work on a pod to ft into that area perfectly and send it out to be hydroemersed to match the cars wood grain.....

It mostly likely has to do with a limitation due to the car. The differential can only travel a certain amount. After a certain point, modifications would be needed to allow the diff to travel higher into the car.

True, guess if I wanted to tub it out I could lay it out more...Im happy with the way it sits and how far it goes........I know Ill catch crap for this, but id like to figure out how to get some nice camber next

Ill get post the pics of the tank and compressor set up as well as the gauge location...maybe even a vid of her hitching switches,...:D

Nothin wrong with a lil bit of camber. Just dont make it look stupid like they do in japan.

Hi-res pics or I call Photoshop :D

IMG_1731-1.jpg

since I have the one I snapped before I left I re sized it to the biggest I could so you can scan through it until I get home and take pics of the whole set up and every little detail to prove its bagged..lol

Damn as much as I dislike you and wished your car would blow up....
That sh!t is dope a hell... :cool:

Damn as much as I dislike you and wished your car would blow up....
That sh!t is dope a hell... :cool:

As much as I dislike you and wish your car would be stolen and crushed at your local junk yard right in front of your eyes...

Thanks. im definitely happy with the outcome and excited about how the rims and tires finish it off

Ooops!

Since the LS has an IRS, the differential assembly, in its case, is solidly bolted into the chassis, and if it moves past what the mount grommets allow, you have a significant likelihood of catastrophic powertrain failure.:D

KS

Since the LS has an IRS, the differential assembly, in its case, is solidly bolted into the chassis, and if it moves past what the mount grommets allow, you have a significant likelihood of catastrophic powertrain failure.:D

KS

effffff that...

As much as I dislike you and wish your car would be stolen and crushed at your local junk yard right in front of your eyes...

:confused: steal it and then just go crush it.... brilliant criminal mind :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back