Welp, Cross-Country Shipping Pickup Tonight...Will Be Interesting...

Turboguy

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So I'm in the final steps of moving from NYC back to the Midwest. Been waiting through the shipping high season for like 2 months now waiting for a carrier to bite on my price. Happened today after bumping my price up again, guy out of Brooklyn will be picking it up tonight.

He'll be in Queens around midnight, at which point I'll be counting on my soon-to-be ex-wife to deliver the keys (I'm in the Midwest now) and hopefully get this thing loaded up and delivered to Lincoln, Neb. in the next few days. Which, as that's 4 hours away from my hometown, is as close as he wants to come to BFE, Nebraska. Road trip will have to happen just to get the damn thing, assuming it gets to Lincoln.

At this point it's like a $3,000 car with $2,500 in maintenance done recently. With all the work that my local buddy did on the car, it's not worth leaving it/selling it to me, as it's in great mechanical condition...but the shipping prices right now aren't great.

Still love the damn thing too much I guess... To be continued...

Where in the Midwest?

BTW I see you have a 10 sec TR, nice. My dad and brother have GNs and I have a Lesabre T-type. Awesome cars and wicked fast.

So I'm in the final steps of moving from NYC back to the Midwest. Been waiting through the shipping high season for like 2 months now waiting for a carrier to bite on my price. Happened today after bumping my price up again, guy out of Brooklyn will be picking it up tonight.

He'll be in Queens around midnight, at which point I'll be counting on my soon-to-be ex-wife to deliver the keys (I'm in the Midwest now) and hopefully get this thing loaded up and delivered to Lincoln, Neb. in the next few days. Which, as that's 4 hours away from my hometown, is as close as he wants to come to BFE, Nebraska. Road trip will have to happen just to get the damn thing, assuming it gets to Lincoln.

At this point it's like a $3,000 car with $2,500 in maintenance done recently. With all the work that my local buddy did on the car, it's not worth leaving it/selling it to me, as it's in great mechanical condition...but the shipping prices right now aren't great.

Still love the damn thing too much I guess... To be continued...

Two words..........

Shipping Wars!

Wish I had known about your shipping. I could have hooked you up

Western Nebraska. Thanks, love the Buford, lots more open road out this way (& fewer cops). Sounds like a solid Buick lineup you've got there, rare lesabre T huh?

Damn Rollin, I suppose I should have posted about needing a carrier. I've used the same company twice and have had good results but the costs are getting up there...truck is there now, with any luck the LS will escape from New York tonight.

I had mine shipped from NYC to IL for $550 if I remember correctly but the opening bids were in the 900 range I thought I was going to have to fly out and get it myself.

Western Nebraska. Thanks, love the Buford, lots more open road out this way (& fewer cops). Sounds like a solid Buick lineup you've got there, rare lesabre T huh?

Ya my dads is a mid 11 car at the moment, and my brothers has just a few basic mods. My Lesabre T is getting a 3800 SC motor with cam, headers, and a whole bunch of performance goodies. Converted to rear disc, custom front coil overs, and so on.

have nay pics of your TR?

They took it! I was worried as it wasn't exactly "empty cabin and trunk, with a 1/4-tank of fuel or less." Hell of a lot cheaper than a moving truck though :D

Damn, $550? That's an amazing price. Mine is going a bit further but still. Yeah, I hear you: me and my pop were this close to just flying in and driving it back, glad that didn't have to happen.

A 3800 SC sounds like the perfect engine for a Lesabre T, you'll be repping us "T"s nicely there.

Mine's a lightweight hardtop, with manual seats/windows, and aluminum bumper braces and brake drums. Just under 3,400 lbs, I think. Not exactly Fox-body notchback weight, but not bad for a full-frame grandpa car :cool:

Built engine with 210 roller cam, ported heads, 67Q-trim turbo, big intercooler, FAST XFI system, etc. etc. Turbo's a bit big for the street as it loves 28-30 psi on C16 race fuel, but around 20 pounds it starts to break the drag radials loose at highway speeds. Good times.

IMG_3417.jpgIMG_3489.jpg

IMG_3417.jpg

IMG_3489.jpg

It Made It

Well, she finally made it. My carrier lost a hydraulic line en route so was delayed for a bit, but she made it to Lincoln and we got it home to Western Nebraska last night.

The owner/operator was very cool about me having a few "items" in the car (and by a few, I mean completely loaded), and I only paid a little bit more. Figure I saved a min of $600 doing it this way instead of driving a moving van out.

Plus, me and pops got to go down to UNL to check out the college girls. This didn't used to be a big deal in Queens, but let's just say that babes are...sparse...in the sticks.

Here she is next to pop's 2013 ATS turbo. Next up a tune and other goodies. Soon...

Soon....jpg

Soon....jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back