Weird Air Ride Problem

JoeyLincolnMK8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
i just replaced my right front air strut. this morning i saw the front end slammed. i start the car, the bags fill up no problem. the compressor is kicking in no problem. i get no check air suspension message. but here is the thing. after i shut the car down, i hear a very very low hissing sound coming from the same side i replaced the strut. i jack it up thinking there is no way i have another leak. i look around feeling for any leaks around the bag, can not find anything. im thinking maybe the solenoid came loose somehow. it feels locked in really good. i was going to do the soapy water trick and a couple other things but i nearly passed the hell out because it is soooo freaking hot here today. could it be the strut or something with the line? i checked the drivers side strut and it is fine. i was thinking it could be the o-ring on the solenoid? any thoughts would defiantly be appreicate.

Check the o-ring. And when u put it back in maybe put some vasoline around where the solenoid goes into the strut to help prevent a leak and also around the o-ring.

when i changed the strut is did lube up the solenoid before i installed in. i will check the o-ring. strange though i replaced the o-rings with the new ones that came with the new strut.

MarkVIII93 said:
Check the o-ring. And when u put it back in maybe put some vasoline around where the solenoid goes into the strut to help prevent a leak and also around the o-ring.
I had a leaky oring once, it rolled when I installed the solenoid...Put a new one one, lubed it up put the solenoid back in...good to go....Hopefully that's all you need.

my95mark8 said:
I had a leaky oring once, it rolled when I installed the solenoid...Put a new one one, lubed it up put the solenoid back in...good to go....Hopefully that's all you need.

i hope so to. i noticed that it takes about 30mins to and 1hr for the front end to be completely slammed. very weird. if i have a leaky o-ring, will it be making that slight hissing sound as well?

ok here goes. after jacking up the car i checked the o-rings. o-rings still have the lube i applied on it weeks ago which is actually good. i reinstalled the solenoid and the clap which was a PIA. started the car no more hissing. i drive around i hear a bang from the front right side. low and behold guess what? yep i hear that hissing noise again. i think im a deedeedee on getting that clap on. im going to order a new solenoid because when i did the air strut install i did in fact broke the tab that was on the solenoid. but it twists into place fine, but i guess not very well. so i know it is not the bag. thanks guys i knew it was something stupid. but the thing that puzzles me is how come it lasted me a good 2 weeks before it started leaking? very strange and weird. probably all those nice bumps on the road. eh! fahgettabudit

Members online

Back