Waxing??

1wykdmk8

LvC Dues Collector
Reaction score
What do you use? How often do you wax?

I use a good Carnuba in the beginning of the year (spring time...when the weather breaks). I usually use Mothers. I put on 2 or 3 good heavy coats, and then the rest of the year I use the Quick Detail. The only other time I wax it is before a big show......then the rest of the time I do the Quick Detail.

I use the detail shop :)

Yup, im lazy. AND I realize I dont have to patience to do the job right. So about 3 times a year I take it there. They use Zanio wax and hand wash the car.

Joeychgo said:
I use the detail shop :)

Yup, im lazy. AND I realize I dont have to patience to do the job right. So about 3 times a year I take it there. They use Zanio wax and hand wash the car.

Prolly costs you more money than what it is worth.....but saves SO much time....I would do that too....but I do not like to spend that kind of money......I am more cheap than lazy......but IF I find a decent place in Pittsburgh.....you NEVER know. :F

Well - the results are better then I could get....IM not patient enough. Costs me about $200 a shot - and they work that car HARD -- I had a scratch once - when they saw it they pulled out the touch up paint and fixed it right up. THats what I call great service.

Well that is good they fixed it for you. THat is a good deal but for the price I woudl do it myself. I am not lazy like other people LOL. :N

lazy is just part of it. the quality job they do is much more then I could.

A man has to know his limitations...

Joeychgo said:
lazy is just part of it. the quality job they do is much more then I could.

A man has to know his limitations...

True!!

Ray, I'm still a big IBIZ fan.I love it.Its the stuff I buy at Carlisle.
The trick with it is you have to take it back off right away.Dont let it harden.
WAY easier than anything I've tried, and shines fantastic.

unstoppable said:
Ray, I'm still a big IBIZ fan.I love it.Its the stuff I buy at Carlisle.
The trick with it is you have to take it back off right away.Dont let it harden.
WAY easier than anything I've tried, and shines fantastic.

I will have to try it on the 'Barney Mobile', but I doubt I will use it on the AssassinVIIIor....I just do not trust it.....ya feel me?

you should wax about every 3 months. I found some tips once online. they say before wazing use DISH WASHING SOAP to clean the car (it removes all the dirt and any previous forms of wax inculding wax in the car soap). Then you use clay ( http://www.clay-magic.com/ ) to remove even microscopic dirt. Then once you finish that, you apply the wax. Wait 24 hours and apply another coat (or two ) the more you apply the deeper the shine. Personally, I have only done this once because it is very time consuming. Hope this helps.
oh, for wax, I use Zymol.

felo3769 said:
you should wax about every 3 months. I found some tips once online. they say before wazing use DISH WASHING SOAP to clean the car (it removes all the dirt and any previous forms of wax inculding wax in the car soap). Then you use clay ( http://www.clay-magic.com/ ) to remove even microscopic dirt. Then once you finish that, you apply the wax. Wait 24 hours and apply another coat (or two ) the more you apply the deeper the shine. Personally, I have only done this once because it is very time consuming. Hope this helps.
oh, for wax, I use Zymol.

The ONLY problem with using dish washing soap is that you have to be careful. It will RUIN your paint if not used properly....or if you use too much. The soap is harmful to automotive paint. It strips some of the properties of the paint leaving it voulnerable to the elements....even if you wax it.

Your best bet is to just use the same soap that you usually use to remove the old wax. Actually, anytime you use the regular soap, you strip most of the wax of off the car. If you want to make sure that it is all off, wash it 2 times with the regular soap.

Ray, I paid 3000 for my paint job and I trust the stuff and it goes on EVERY single Rolls Royce that comes off the assembly line.
Still dont trust it??????????????

unstoppable said:
Ray, I paid 3000 for my paint job and I trust the stuff and it goes on EVERY single Rolls Royce that comes off the assembly line.
Still dont trust it??????????????

Do you want me to answer that one honestly????

Members online

Back