Water in door...Anyone had this problem?

LSblack00

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So it has been raining quite a bit the last few days and I just noticed that there is a leak in my passenger door.
I pulled the car into the garage, tore the door apart, grabbed a cup of water and poured it over the window to find the leak, and it looks like its in the corner of where the window meets the door pillar (pictured).
Anyone have this problem or have any idea how to seal it so no water gets in?
Thanks.

Photo0399.jpg

unbelievably, the LS has one or two flaws, if you open your door, at the bottom there is a seal to drain water from the door, its a little black plastic piece (========) you pop it off and the water will drain, you cant really help the water in the door, unless you made a modification to the weatherstrip

I've never noticed the drain on the door, but then again I've never thought to look for one lol.
Guess I'll go take a look. Thanks Jealous.

I had the water problem. It's a deal with the damn...DAMN system...there should be a lil plastic or rubber oval down on the bottum left corner of each door. Just remove it and dig out any dirt that might be clogged in the pathway. I have yet to put mine back in but I like it without them, no clogs or fogs :p

Water inside the doors - and this was designed this way? That's the craziest thing I've heard yet about this car.

Maybe this is why we go thru so many window motors...
Hmmmmmmmmm:cool:

I get water in my little pouch on the door panel (drivers side), not actually inside the door.

I think this was due to a hose connection from the moonroof drainage down the A pillar. I still haven't tried to fix it... It doesn't bug me enough

I have had this issue with only my front passenger door.

I was at the gas station awhile back and while filling up I thought to pull that plug. When I did there must have been what seems to have been a 1/2 gallon of water flood out of there. :lol:

The weatherstrip by the window looks to be in great shape though I know it's getting through there.

I get water in my little pouch on the door panel (drivers side), not actually inside the door.

I think this was due to a hose connection from the moonroof drainage down the A pillar. I still haven't tried to fix it... It doesn't bug me enough

Thats exactly the problem I'm having now...really annoying.

my rear passenger door does that. i dont really care anymore. car is worth nothing lol.

tomorrow imma drain my drivers door, sounds like i could put fish in there lol you hear it when you go fast and stop suddenly, the water goes from one side to the other, the ls has leaks everywhere, i just had to drill tiny holes in the license plate lights to drain the little water that was in there, one time i had to drain the trunk, so far ive fixed all the leaks, except for the windows, if i figure something out, ill post it

thanks for the heads up on the drain. It looked like someone spilled a gallon of water in my door, it all came pouring out! And just in time too, because we're suppose to be getting sever weather for the next couple days!

All car doors are designed to deal with water ingress from the weather. It's nothing unusual, except for the part where the plugs are left in place that are supposed to let it weep out.

I found the same thing in mine a couple of years back. A fast stop and you could hear the water sloshing back and forth inside the door. That's a lot of H2O. :D

sorry bring up an old thread, but today i found out the front doors have 2 draining spots, one like i said before at the back part of the door at the bottom, and the better one to drain is located at the front of the door, its pretty hidden so you have to look under the door right towards the bottom hinge. if you pull that one off alot of water will come out!

(+++++++) - black plastic drain cover

that is a real problem. water in the door can cause corrosion and failure. what's up with that? lol.

The drain must be clogged. Even my 71 mustang has drains (one way and can get clogged). I cant imagine that water doesnt routinely run down the glass and get in there.

can you maybe take a photo of this drain piece on the doors because I cannot seem to find it at all...so frustrating. thanks!

I'm kinda surprised that there are even plugs in there in the first place... a lot of manufactuyres just have normal drain holes without any plugs in there doors.

I'm kinda surprised that there are even plugs in there in the first place... a lot of manufactuyres just have normal drain holes without any plugs in there doors.

Maybe a road or wind noise thing ? or Maybe we suppose to use that water to fill the cooling system when it starts leaking and we have no water available

They aren't really plugs. They are an open type plug. They appear to be there to keep things out.

Members online

Back