Water Coming In Through Trunk

jeff

LVC Member
Reaction score
Just Picked Up A 2000 Lincoln Ls 5 Speed Manual. I Am Finding Water Is Getting Into The Trunk. See Water Collecting Under The Spare Tire. Has Anyone Heard Of This Problem?? I See Tail Light Gaskets Are Cracked. Wondering If It May Be Coming From There?? Any Help Would Be Great

Jeff

had the same problem....dunno where its coming from, maybe our trunks will one day save humanity because they secretly produce water in the trunk when we are sleepin....we'll see whos laffin then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have a moon roof?
There are drain tube inside the trunk, behind the trim. Check and see if any have become disconnected.

I noticed this once, I figured it was because I didn't close the trunk all the way once when i was working on my car and it started raining. It wasn't open for very long though and i don't have a moon roof.

I had the same problem when I bought mine about 2 years ago, actually accumulated enough water to corrode some wires in the harness which what was supposedly my starting issue. I took it back to the dealership and after about 2 months of going in and out they slowed the leak down, something with the taillights seal but it still leaks. I have tried to find out where its coming from but can't. Was the car ever in an accident? Mine came up clear on Carfax but there is a new quarter panel so I know it was hit pretty hard. I think I have read something about water can leak in from the rear surround, maybe check there also. Good luck and don't let too much build up in there.

Mine did this aswell.. The fix is to take out the outerlights and put a bead of silicone adhesive around the bottom of the studs (all three). I let mine setup for about 45 min before i reinstalled them. no probs since!

For now until you fix it, take the spare out and then take one of the plastic plugs out in the spare tire well. That will keep the water drained until you figure out what is leaking.

I had about 2 inches of water in my trunk when I bought it both rear sunroof drains were disconnected. Peel back the trunk carpet on the right and left side and there will be two tubes they are gray and black going into a 90 degree elbow make sure they are connected good.

I get little bits of water in mine. Not much though. Next time I'm fooling around back there I will put the silicone around the studs and see what happens.

Members online

No members online now.
Back